Determinants of Human Capital Theory, Growth and Brain Drain: An Econometric Analysis for 77 Countries
The study aims to analyse the relation between human capital, growth and brain drain in 77 countries. These variables are also affected by numerous other variables. This study researches human capital, growth, migration, their determinant variables and the interlink ages between them. Models constructed for these purposes are tested by panel data analysis for the period 1990 – 2001.
Volume (Year): 5 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 1995. "Tackling the European Migration Problems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 45-62, Spring.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995.
"Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Yong Jin Kim & Jong-Wha Lee, 1999.
"Technological Change, Investment in Human Capital, and Economic Growth,"
CID Working Papers
29, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Kim, J.Y. & Lee, J.W., 2000. "Technological Change, investment in Human Capital, and Economic Growth," Papers 29, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Heather Antecol & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Stephen J. Trejo, 2003.
"Immigration Policy and the Skills of Immigrants to Australia, Canada, and the United States,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(1).
- Heather Antecol & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Stephen J. Trejo, . "Immigration Policy and the Skills of Immigrants to Australia, Canada, and the United States," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-26, Claremont Colleges.
- Antecol, Heather & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Trejo, Stephen, 2001. "Immigration Policy and the Skills of Immigrants to Australia, Canada, and the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 363, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kar-Yiu, Wong & Chong K. Yip, 1997.
"Education, Economic Growth, and Brain Drain,"
Departmental Working Papers
_086, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Kar-yiu Wong & Chong K. Yip, 1998. "Education, Economic Growth, and Brain Drain," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0078, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kar-yiu Wong & Chong K. Yip, 1998. "Education, Economic Growth, and Brain Drain," Working Papers 0078, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva & Exposito, Pilar, 2001. "Economic growth and cycles: Cross-country models of education, industry and fertility and international comparisons," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 9-37.
- Büchel, Felix & Frick, Joachim R., 2003.
"Immigrants in the UK and in West Germany – Relative Income Position, Income Portfolio, and Redistribution Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
788, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Felix Büchel & Joachim R. Frick, 2004. "Immigrants in the UK and in West Germany –Relative income position, income portfolio, and redistribution effects," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 553-581, 08.
- R. S. Eckaus, 1963. "Investment in Human Capital: A Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 501.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002.
"Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001. "Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies," Economics Series 100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2006.
"Does Immigration Affect Wages? A Look at Occupation-Level Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2007. "Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 757-773, October.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2003. "Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence," Working Paper 2003-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2003. "Does immigration affect wages? A look at occupation-level evidence," Working Papers 0302, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003.
"Brain Drain and LDCs' Growth: Winners and Losers,"
IZA Discussion Papers
819, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jonathan Coppel & Jean-Christophe Dumont & Ignazio Visco, 2001. "Trends in Immigration and Economic Consequences," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 284, OECD Publishing.
- Straubhaar, Thomas, 2000. "International mobility of the highly skilled: Brain gain, brain drain or brain exchange," HWWA Discussion Papers 88, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:5:y:2005:i:2_6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.