Immigrants in the UK and in West Germany –Relative income position, income portfolio, and redistribution effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Büchel, Felix & Frick, Joachim R., 2003. "Immigrants in the UK and in West Germany – Relative Income Position, Income Portfolio, and Redistribution Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 788, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- John Douglas Wilson, 1990. "Are Efficiency Improvements In Government Transfer Policies Self-Defeating In Political Equilibrium?," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 241-258, November.
- Lorz, Oliver & Willmann, Gerald, 2005.
"On the endogenous allocation of decision powers in federal structures,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 242-257, March.
- Lorz, Jens Oliver & Willmann, Gerald, 2004. "On the Endogenous Allocation of Decision Powers in Federal Structures," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 25, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2004.
"Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Policy in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1230, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2004. "Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Policy in Europe," NBER Working Papers 10680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2005. "Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Policy in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 5058, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2004. "Seeking asylum in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(38), pages 5-62, April.
- Martin J. Osborne & Al Slivinski, 1996.
"A Model of Political Competition with Citizen-Candidates,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 65-96.
- Martin J. Osborne & Al Slivinksi, 1995. "A Model of Political Competition with Citizen-Candidates," Department of Economics Working Papers 1995-01, McMaster University.
- Timothy Besley & Stephen Coate, 1997.
"An Economic Model of Representative Democracy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 85-114.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". ""An Economic Model of Representative Democracy''," CARESS Working Papres 95-02, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Tim Besley & Stephen Coate, "undated". "An Economic Model of Representative Democracy," Penn CARESS Working Papers ecf70d639d700dba5327ab0c8, Penn Economics Department.
- Willmann, Gerald, 2003. "Why Legislators are Protectionists: The Role of Majoritarian Voting in Setting Tariffs," Economics Working Papers 2003-10, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 2003. "Centralized versus decentralized provision of local public goods: a political economy approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2611-2637, December.
- Segendorff, Bjorn, 1998. "Delegation and Threat in Bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 266-283, May.
- Boeri, Tito & Hanson, Gordon H. & McCormick, Barry (ed.), 2002. "Immigration Policy and the Welfare System: A Report for the Fondazione Rodolfo Debenedetti," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199256310.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2017. "The Performance of Immigrants in the German Labor Market," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 892, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Rob Euwals & Hans Roodenburg & J. Dagevos & M. Gijsberts, 2007. "The labour market position of Turkish immigrants in Germany and the Netherlands; reason for migration, naturalisation and language proficiency," CPB Discussion Paper 79, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Euwals, Rob & Dagevos, Jaco & Gijsberts, Mérove & Roodenburg, Hans, 2007. "The Labour Market Position of Turkish Immigrants in Germany and the Netherlands: Reason for Migration, Naturalisation and Language Proficiency," IZA Discussion Papers 2683, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paweł Kaczmarczyk, 2013.
"Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2013/79, European University Institute.
- Pawel Kaczmarczyk, 2013. "Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0356, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Euwals, Rob & Dagevos, Jaco & Gijsberts, Mérove & Roodenburg, Hans, 2007. "Immigration, Integration and the Labour Market: Turkish Immigrants in Germany and the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 2677, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rob Euwals & Hans Roodenburg & J. Dagevos & M. Gijsberts, 2006. "Immigration, integration and the labour market; Turkish immigrants in Germany and the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 75, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini & Anna Pettini, 2004.
"Hidden information problems in the design of family allowances,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 645-655, December.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Luporini, Annalisa & Pettini, Anna, 2003. "Hidden Information Problems in the Design of Family Allowances," IZA Discussion Papers 790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Moshe Semyonov & Rebeca Raijman & Dina Maskileyson, 2015. "Ethnicity and Labor Market Incorporation of Post-1990 Immigrants in Israel," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(3), pages 331-359, June.
- Beyer, Robert, 2016.
"The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145799, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2016. "The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany," IMF Working Papers 16/6, International Monetary Fund.
- AMETEPE Kossi & HARTMANN HIRSCH Claudia, 2010. "Eligibility and take up of social assistance for immigrants and nationals: the case of Luxembourg?," LISER Working Paper Series 2010-05, LISER.
- HARTMANN HIRSCH Claudia & AMETEPE Kossi, 2011. "Luxemburg's corporatist Scandinavian welfare system and incorporation of migrants," LISER Working Paper Series 2011-29, LISER.
- Bildirici, M. & Orcan, M. & Sunal, S. & Aykaç, E., 2005. "Determinants of Human Capital Theory, Growth and Brain Drain: An Econometric Analysis for 77 Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
- repec:kap:reveho:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11150-015-9321-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsJ15; J18; D31; Immigration; migration policy; income redistribution;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:17:y:2004:i:3:p:553-581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .