How do employers cope with an ageing workforce?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van Ours, J.C. & Stoeldraijer, L., 2010. "Age, Wage and Productivity," Discussion Paper 2010-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1990. "Adjusting to an Aging Labor Force," NBER Chapters,in: Issues in the Economics of Aging, pages 287-316 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2004. "The Peter Principle: A Theory of Decline," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 141-163, February.
- Stoeldraijer, Lenny & van Ours, Jan C, 2010. "Age, wage and productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 7713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hutchens, Robert M, 1989. "Seniority, Wages and Productivity: A Turbulent Decade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 49-64, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jlabrs:v:50:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s12651-017-0223-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:exl:25engi:v:27:y:2016:i:3:p:253-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Dalen, H.P. & Henkens, K., 2015.
"Why Demotion of Older Workers is a No-Go Area for Managers,"
2015-025, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Dalen, Harry & Henkens, Kene, 2016. "Why demotion of older workers is a no-go area for managers," Other publications TiSEM a52d9382-0db4-4bd5-b2ab-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Larsen, Mona & Pedersen, Peder J., 2012. "Paid Work after Retirement: Recent Trends in Denmark," IZA Discussion Papers 6537, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arjan Heyma & Siemen Werff & Aukje Nauta & Guurtje Sloten, 2014. "What Makes Older Job-Seekers Attractive to Employers?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 162(4), pages 397-414, December.
- Anita Richert-Kazmierska, 2013. "Is There Any Demand For The Workers Aged 50+ In Poland?," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 8(3), pages 123-135, September.
More about this item
Keywordsaging; employers; productivity; stereotypes;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:demres:v:22:y:2010:i:32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Office) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.