The Turkish Experience in Inflation Targeting: Uncertainties and the Efficiency of Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alain DeSerres & Alain Guay, 1995. "Selection of the Truncation Lag in Structural VARs (or VECMs) with Long-Run Restrictions," Econometrics 9510001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baltensperger, Ernst & Fischer, Andreas M. & Jordan, Thomas J., 2007. "Strong goal independence and inflation targets," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 88-105, March.
- Seo, Byeongseon, 1998. "Tests For Structural Change In Cointegrated Systems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 222-259, April.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Adam S. Posen, 1997. "Inflation targeting: lessons from four countries," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Aug), pages 9-110.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Ploberger, Werner, 1994.
"Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only under the Alternative,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1383-1414, November.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Werner Ploberger, 1992. "Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only Under the Alternative," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1015, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Laurence M. Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2004.
"Does Inflation Targeting Matter?,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Inflation-Targeting Debate, pages 249-276,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2003. "Does Inflation Targeting Matter?," NBER Working Papers 9577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2004. "Does inflation targeting matter?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 118, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Laurence M. Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2003. "Does Inflation Targeting Matter?," IMF Working Papers 2003/129, International Monetary Fund.
- C. Emre Alper, 2001. "The Turkish Liquidity Crisis of 2000: What Went Wrong..," Working Papers 2001/11, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2001.
"One Decade of Inflation Targeting in the World: What Do We Know and What Do We Need to Know?,"
NBER Working Papers
8397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2001. "One decade of inflation targeting in the world : What do we know and what do we need to know?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 101, Central Bank of Chile.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Ayse Ertugrul & Jerome Hericourt & Julien Reynaud, 2005. "Fonction de reaction et politique monetaire en changes fixes : une nouvelle formulation appliquee a la Turquie," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 103, pages 97-119.
- Hakan Kara & Hande Kucuk Tuger, 2005. "Some Evidence on the Irrationality of Inflation Expectations in Turkey," Working Papers 0512, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Jerome Hericourt & Julien Reynaud, 2006. "La crise monetaire turque de 2000/2001 : une analyse de l’echec du plan de stabilisation par le change du FMI," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 108, pages 5-26.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hansen, Peter Reinhard, 2003.
"Structural changes in the cointegrated vector autoregressive model,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 261-295, June.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2000. "Structural Changes in the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 2000-20, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Lucotte, Yannick, 2010. "The choice of adopting inflation targeting in emerging economies: Do domestic institutions matter?," MPRA Paper 27118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoichi Arai & Takeo Hoshi, 2004. "Monetary Policy in the Great Recession," Discussion papers 04024, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Daniel Daianu & Laurian Lungu, 2007.
"Inflation Targeting, Between Rhetoric and Reality. The Case of Transition Economies,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(1), pages 39-64, June.
- Daniel Daianu & Laurian Lungu, 2005. "Inflation Targeting, Between Rhetoric and Reality. The Case of Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp743, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nicoletta Batini & Douglas Laxton, 2007.
"Under What Conditions Can Inflation Targeting Be Adopted? The Experience of Emerging Markets,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Frederic S. Miskin & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.),Monetary Policy under Inflation Targeting, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 12, pages 467-506,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Nicoletta Batini & Douglas Laxton, 2006. "Under What Conditions Can Inflation Targeting Be Adopted? The Experience of Emerging Markets," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 406, Central Bank of Chile.
- Charles G. Renfro, 2009. "The Practice of Econometric Theory," Advanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics, Springer, number 978-3-540-75571-5, April.
- Andrade, Philippe & Bruneau, Catherine & Gregoir, Stephane, 2005. "Testing for the cointegration rank when some cointegrating directions are changing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 269-310, February.
- Mohammad Jaforullah & Alan King, 2015. "is New Zealand's economy vulnerable to world oil market shocks?," Working Papers 1503, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2015.
- Anthony Garratt & Kevin Lee & M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 2003.
"A Long run structural macroeconometric model of the UK,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 412-455, April.
- Garratt, A. & Lee, K. & Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1998. "A Long-run Structural Macro-econometric Model of the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9812, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Anthony Garratt & Kevin Lee & Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 2001. "A long run structural macroeconometric model of the UK," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 35, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1999. "Some tests for parameter constancy in cointegrated VAR-models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 306-333.
- Ahmed Kchikeche & Ouafaà Khallouk, 2021. "On the nexus between economic growth and bank-based financial development: evidence from Morocco," Middle East Development Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 245-264, July.
- Eiji Kurozumi & Yoichi Arai, 2007.
"Efficient estimation and inference in cointegrating regressions with structural change,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 545-575, July.
- Kurozumi, Eiji & Arai, Yoichi, 2005. "Efficient Estimation and Inference in Cointegrating Regressions with Structural Change," Discussion Papers 2004-09, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Gilberto Libanio, 2005. ""Good governance" in monetary policy and the negative real effects of inflation targeting in developing economies," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td277, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2000. "Structural Breaks in the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1240, Econometric Society.
- Mr. Christopher W. Crowe, 2006. "Testing the Transparency Benefits of Inflation Targeting: Evidence from Private Sector Forecasts," IMF Working Papers 2006/289, International Monetary Fund.
- Czujack, Corinna & Flôres Junior, Renato Galvão & Ginsburgh, Victor, 1995.
"On long-run price comovements between paintings and prints,"
FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
269, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- CZUJACK, C. & FLÔRES, R. & GINSBURGH, Jr. and V., 1996. "On long-run price comovements between paintings and prints," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1240, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lisbeth Funding la Cour, 1995.
"A Component® based Analysis of the danish Long-run Money Demand Relation,"
95-18, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Funding la Cour, Lisbeth, 1999. "A Component-Based Analysis Of The Danish Long-Run Money Demand Relation," Working Papers 06-1999, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Lieb, Lenard, 2013. "Fiscal policy in good and bad times," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 2679-2694.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2014.
"Determinants of the sacrifice ratio: Evidence from OECD and non-OECD countries,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 117-135.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2012. "Determinants of the Sacrifice Ratio: Evidence from OECD and non-OECD countries," Working Papers 106, Wake Forest University, Economics Department.
- Nyakabawo, Wendy & Miller, Stephen M. & Balcilar, Mehmet & Das, Sonali & Gupta, Rangan, 2015.
"Temporal causality between house prices and output in the US: A bootstrap rolling-window approach,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 55-73.
- Wendy Nyakabawo & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Sonali Das & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Temporal Causality between House Prices and Output in the U.S.: A Bootstrap Rolling-Window Approach," Working papers 2013-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Wendy Nyakabawo & Stephen M. Miller & Mehmet Balcilar & Sonali Das & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Temporal Causality between House Prices and Output in the U. S.: A Bootstrap Rolling-Window Approach," Working Papers 201329, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Inflation Targeting; Interest Rate; Structural Change; VECM;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepiei:2008-4te. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepiifr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepiifr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.