Does the Performance on Principles of Economics Courses Affect the Overall Academic Success of Undergraduate Business Majors?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Guest & Nerina Vecchio, 2003. "Are There Learning Spillovers in Introductory Macroeconomics?," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 1(1), pages 36-60.
- Michael Nieswiadomy, 1998. "LSAT Scores of Economics Majors," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 377-379, January.
- J J Arias & Douglas M. Walker, 2004. "Additional Evidence on the Relationship between Class Size and Student Performance," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 311-329, October.
- Charles L. Ballard & Marianne F. Johnson, 2004. "Basic Math Skills and Performance in an Introductory Economics Class," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 3-23, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sam Allgood & William B. Walstad & John J. Siegfried, 2015. "Research on Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 53(2), pages 285-325, June.
- Carlos J. Asarta & Roger B. Butters & Andrew Perumal, 2013. "Success in Economics Major: Is it Path Dependent?," Working Papers 13-11, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Lemin & Marsh, Dan, 2006. "How Can We Predict Performance in Tertiary Level Economics?," 2006 Conference, August 24-25, 2006, Nelson, New Zealand 31974, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Carlos J. Asarta & James R. Schmidt, 2013. "Student Choices of Reduced Seat Time in a Blended Introductory Statistics Course," Working Papers 13-14, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Belokrylov, K. & Kivarina, M. & Myasnikov, A. & Ogurtsova, E., 2019. "The Role of Mathematics in Teaching Undergraduate Economics: Students' Opinions and Recommendations," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 43(3), pages 116-150.
- Ivo J. M. Arnold & Jerry T. Straten, 2012. "Motivation and Math Skills as Determinants of First-Year Performance in Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Cynthia Harter & John F.R. Harter, 2010. "Is Financial Literacy Improved by Participating in a Stock Market Game?," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center, vol. 10(1), pages 21-32, Summer.
- Abhijit Sharma, 2015. "Use of Bloomberg Professional in support of finance and economics teaching," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1115618-111, December.
- Natsuki Arai & Shian Chang & Biing-Shen Kuo, 2021. "Introductory Economics: Gender, Majors, and Future Performance," Papers 2106.10091, arXiv.org.
- Chang Da Wan & Roland K. Cheo, 2012. "Determinants of Malaysian and Singaporean Economics Undergraduates' Academic Performance," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 11(2), pages 7-27.
- Bergtold, Jason S. & Yeager, Elizabeth A. & Griffin, Terry W., 2016. "Academic, Demographic and Spatial Factors in the Classroom Affecting Student Performance in Principles of Agricultural Economics Courses," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235930, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jeffrey J. Green & Courtenay C. Stone & Abera Zegeye & Thomas A. Charles, 2008. "How Much Math Do Students Need to Succeed in Business and Economics Statistics? An Ordered Probit Analysis," Working Papers 200802, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2008.
- John V. Winters, 2016.
"Is economics a good major for future lawyers? Evidence from earnings data,"
The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 187-191, April.
- Winters, John V., 2015. "Is Economics a Good Major for Future Lawyers? Evidence from Earnings Data," IZA Discussion Papers 9416, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yilmaz Guney, 2009. "Exogenous and Endogenous Factors Influencing Students' Performance in Undergraduate Accounting Modules," Accounting Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 51-73.
- Steve Muchiri & Mihai Paraschiv, 2019. "Where Do Rebounds Go? Using Balls to Teach Price Elasticity of Demand," Journal of Economics Teaching, Journal of Economics Teaching, vol. 4(2), pages 60-75, December.
- David Zetland & Carlo Russo & Navin Yavapolkul, 2010. "Teaching Economic Principles: Algebra, Graph or Both?," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 55(1), pages 123-131, May.
- George Orlov & Douglas McKee & Irene R. Foster & Daria Bottan & Stephanie R. Thomas, 2021. "Identifying Students at Risk Using a New Math Skills Assessment," AEA Papers and Proceedings, American Economic Association, vol. 111, pages 97-101, May.
- Lee E. Erickson & Patricia A. Erickson, 2013. "Predicting Student Performance Using Online One-Minute Papers," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center, vol. 13(1), pages 6-13, Fall.
- Patricia M. Flynn & Michael A. Quinn, 2010. "Economics: Good Choice of Major for Future Ceos," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 55(1), pages 58-72, May.
- Shihe Fu & V Brian Viard, 2019.
"Commute costs and labor supply: evidence from a satellite campus,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 723-752.
- Fu, Shihe & Viard, Brian, 2014. "Commute Costs and Labor Supply: Evidence from a Satellite Campus," MPRA Paper 53740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:che:ireepp:v:8:y:2009:i:1:p:48-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/iree .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Martin Poulter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/iree .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.