Internationalising Intermediate Microeconomics: Collaborative Case Studies and Web-Based Learning
This paper describes an internationally-oriented course module for intermediate microeconomics. We describe the collaboration project as well as the results of implementing it at an US and Peruvian university. In the project, US university students were partnered with comparable students at a Peruvian university to complete a project using web-based learning tools and internet conferencing. Project learning objectives are identified and an outline of the project and assignments is presented. Based on our experiences, we evaluate the project and consider problems and issues that arose. Our results suggest that the current state of web-based technology affords university students many opportunities to productively collaborate with their international counterparts.
Volume (Year): 6 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of Bristol, BS8 1HH, United Kingdom|
Fax: +44(0)117 331 4396
Web page: http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/iree
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William E. Becker, 2004. "Economics for a Higher Education," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 3(1), pages 52-62.
- W. Lee Hansen, 2001. "Expected Proficiencies for Undergraduate Economics Majors," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 231-242, January.
- Manfred Gärtner, 2001. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates in Europe: Volume, Structure, and Contents," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 219-230, January.
- Peter Navarro, 2000. "Economics in the Cyberclassroom," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 119-132, Spring.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1993. "International Perspectives in Undergraduate Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 27-33, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:che:ireepp:v:6:y:2007:i:1:p:9-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin Poulter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.