Internationalizing Intermediate Microeconomics: Collaborative Case Studies and Web-based learning
"This paper describes an internationally-oriented course module for intermediate microeconomics. We describe the collaboration project as well as the results of implementing it at an U.S. and Peruvian university. In the project, U.S. university students were partnered with comparable students at a Peruvian university to complete a project using web-based learning tools and internet conferencing. Project learning objectives are identified and an outline of the project and assignments is presented. Based on our experiences, we evaluate the project and consider problems and issues that arose. Our results suggest that the current state of web-based technology affords university students many opportunities to productively collaborate with their international counterparts."
|Date of creation:||Jul 2007|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.up.edu.pe/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Navarro, 2000. "Economics in the Cyberclassroom," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 119-132, Spring.
- W. Lee Hansen, 2001. "Expected Proficiencies for Undergraduate Economics Majors," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 231-242, January.
- William E. Becker, 2004. "Economics for a Higher Education," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 3(1), pages 52-62.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1993. "International Perspectives in Undergraduate Education," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 27-33, May.
- Manfred Gärtner, 2001. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates in Europe: Volume, Structure, and Contents," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 219-230, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pai:wpaper:07-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Pacheco Sotil)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.