Acceding Countries: The Road to the Euro
This chapter discusses the challenge to macroeconomic stabilisation in the ten new members of the EU during the convergence process posed by liberalised capital markets.The focus is on financial and currency fragility created by dangerously high volatility of capital flows and possible policies to reduce macroeconomic vulnerability to a crisis.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998.
"Paper Tigers? A Model of the Asian Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
6783, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo Guimaraes & Stephen Morris, 2003.
"Risk and Wealth in a Model of Self-fulfilling Currency Crises,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1433R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2004.
- Bernardo Guimaraes & Stephen Morris, 2003. "Risk and Wealth in a Model of Self-fulfilling Currency Crises," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1433, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Buiter,Willem H. & Corsetti,Giancarlo & Pesenti,Paolo A., 1998.
"Financial Markets and European Monetary Cooperation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521495479, December.
- Buiter,Willem H. & Corsetti,Giancarlo & Pesenti,Paolo A., 2001. "Financial Markets and European Monetary Cooperation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521794404, December.
- Aaron Tornell & Frank Westermann & Lorenza Martinez, 2003. "Liberalization, Growth, and Financial Crises: Lessons from Mexico and the Developing World," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 1-112.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo, 2002.
"Self-Validating Optimum Currency Areas,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3220, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gale, Douglas & Vives, Xavier, 2002.
"Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
185, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Douglas Gale & Xavier Vives, 2002. "Dollarization, Bailouts, and the Stability of the Banking System," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 467-502.
- Gale, Douglas M & Vives, Xavier, 2001. "Dollarization, Bailouts and the Stability of the Banking System," CEPR Discussion Papers 2901, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Douglas Gale & Xavier Vives, 2001. "Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system," Proceedings 729, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:eeagre:v::y:2004:i::p:119-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.