Financing Entrepreneurs Better Canadian Policy for Venture Capital
Canadian policymakers should pursue new options for facilitating investment in innovation and entrepreneurship. Better venture capital policy is the place to start, because existing tools for delivering financial investment to start-ups are not succeeding.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 247 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 67 Yonge St., Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1J8|
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nancy T. Gallini, 2002. "The Economics of Patents: Lessons from Recent U.S. Patent Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 131-154, Spring.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Michele Boldrin & David Levine, 2002.
"The Case Against Intellectual Property,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 209-212, May.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2006. "Is it the Law or the Lawyers? Investment Covenants around the World," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(4), pages 535-574.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2003.
"Taxes and Venture Capital Support,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1094, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2008.
"Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 303-350.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2005. "Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp300, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002.
"Taxation of a Venture Capitalist with a Portfolio of Firms,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
813, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2004. "Taxation of a venture capitalist with a portfolio of firms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2003. "Taxation of a Venture Capitalist With a Portfolio of Firms," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003 2003-04, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2003. "A cross-country comparison of full and partial venture capital exits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 511-548, March.
- Timothy Bates, 2002. "Government as Venture Capital Catalyst: Pitfalls and Promising Approaches," Economic Development Quarterly, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, vol. 16(1), pages 49-59, February.
- Cumming, Douglas J., 2005. "Agency costs, institutions, learning, and taxation in venture capital contracting," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 573-622, September.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Green, Richard C., 1984. "Investment incentives, debt, and warrants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 115-136, March.
- Denis, Cecile & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Are Foreign Ownership and Good Institutions Substitutes? The Case of Non-Traded Equity," CEPR Discussion Papers 4339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:commen:247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.