Les institutions créatrices de proximités. Institutions as creators of proximities
Using contributions of American institutionalists and philosophers of mind, we propose to look further into the definitions of the three traditional forms of the proximity. First, we define geographical proximity as relational availability. Second, we explain that institutional proximity is an effect of institutions. In this case, actors share common significances and play complementary roles in collective action. Third, organisational proximity, according to distinction suggested by COMMONS between institution and organization, is understood as a particular form of institutional proximity which articulates cognitive coordination and political coordination. Actors integrate cognitive community, i.e. reach memory of organization made up of rules and routines, and integrate political community, i.e. take place in power structure.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 2004. "Reclaiming habit for institutional economics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 651-660, October.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1996. "Revisiting Legal Realism: The Law, Economics, and Organization Perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 383-420.
- Searle, John R., 2005. "What is an institution?," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 1-22, June.
- Damien Talbot & Thierry Kirat, 2005. "Proximité et Institutions : nouveaux éclairages," Post-Print hal-00383264, HAL.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- North, Douglass C., 1993.
"Economic Performance through Time,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1993-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- G. Hodgson., 2007. "What Are Institutions?," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8, pages -.
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2001. "« Suivre des règles » dans les organisations," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 53-68.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:rerarc:reru_083_0289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.