Les institutions créatrices de proximités. Institutions as creators of proximities
Using contributions of American institutionalists and philosophers of mind, we propose to look further into the definitions of the three traditional forms of the proximity. First, we define geographical proximity as relational availability. Second, we explain that institutional proximity is an effect of institutions. In this case, actors share common significances and play complementary roles in collective action. Third, organisational proximity, according to distinction suggested by COMMONS between institution and organization, is understood as a particular form of institutional proximity which articulates cognitive coordination and political coordination. Actors integrate cognitive community, i.e. reach memory of organization made up of rules and routines, and integrate political community, i.e. take place in power structure.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 2004. "Reclaiming habit for institutional economics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 651-660, October.
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2001. "« Suivre des règles » dans les organisations," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 53-68.
- North, Douglass C, 1994.
"Economic Performance through Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- North, Douglass C., 1993. "Economic Performance through Time," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1996. "Revisiting Legal Realism: The Law, Economics, and Organization Perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 383-420.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- G. Hodgson., 2007. "What Are Institutions?," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Searle, John R., 2005. "What is an institution?," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 1-22, June.
- Damien Talbot & Thierry Kirat, 2005. "Proximité et Institutions : nouveaux éclairages," Post-Print hal-00383264, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)