Efficiency in Betting Markets: Evidence from English Football
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen Croxson & J. James Reade, 2011. "Exchange vs Dealers: A High-Frequency Analysis of In-Play Betting Prices," Discussion Papers 11-19, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- James Reade, 2014. "Information and Predictability: Bookmakers, Prediction Markets and Tipsters as Forecasters," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2014-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Jinook Jeong & Jee Young Kim & Yoon Jae Ro, 2017. "On the Efficiency of Racetrack Betting Market: A New Test for the Favorite-Longshot Bias," Working papers 2017rwp-106, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Stekler, H.O. & Sendor, David & Verlander, Richard, 2010.
"Issues in sports forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 606-621.
- Bryan L. Boulier & Herman O. Stekler & Jason Coburn & Timothy Rankins, 2009. "Evaluating National Football League Draft Choices: The Passing Game," Working Papers 2009-003, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Alexis Direr, 2013.
"Are betting markets efficient? Evidence from European Football Championships,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 343-356, January.
- Alexis Direr, 2011. "Are Betting Markets Efficient ? Evidence from European Football Championships," Post-Print hal-00734531, HAL.
- Nilsson, Håkan & Andersson, Patric, 2010.
"Making the seemingly impossible appear possible: Effects of conjunction fallacies in evaluations of bets on football games,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, pages 172-180.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Bernardo, Giovanni & Ruberti, Massimo & Verona, Roberto, 2015. "Testing semi-strong efficiency in a fixed odds betting market: Evidence from principal European football leagues," MPRA Paper 66414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominic Cortis, 2015. "Expected Values And Variances In Bookmaker Payouts: A Theoretical Approach Towards Setting Limits On Odds," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, pages 1-14.
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2009. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effect's of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
- Stekler, H.O. & Sendor, David & Verlander, Richard, 2010. "Issues in sports forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 606-621.
More about this item
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:buc:jpredm:v:1:y:2007:i:1:p:61-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross). General contact details of provider: http://www.ubpl.co.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.