Using Local Correlation to Explain Success in Baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Young William A & Holland William S & Weckman Gary R, 2008. "Determining Hall of Fame Status for Major League Baseball Using an Artificial Neural Network," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 1-46, October.
- Lawrence Hadley & John Ruggiero, 2006. "Final-offer arbitration in major league baseball: A nonparametric analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 201-209, July.
- Smith Lloyd & Downey James, 2009. "Predicting Baseball Hall of Fame Membership using a Radial Basis Function Network," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Freiman Michael H., 2010. "Using Random Forests and Simulated Annealing to Predict Probabilities of Election to the Baseball Hall of Fame," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-37, April.
- Jahn K. Hakes & Raymond D. Sauer, 2006. "An Economic Evaluation of the Moneyball Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 173-186, Summer.
- Timothy Anderson & Gunter Sharp, 1997. "A new measure of baseball batters using DEA," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 141-155, October.
- Kaplan David, 2006. "A Variance Decomposition of Individual Offensive Baseball Performance," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-18, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:7:y:2011:i:4:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.