Determining Hall of Fame Status for Major League Baseball Using an Artificial Neural Network
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Quinn Kevin G. & Bursik Paul B., 2007. "Growing and Moving the Game: Effects of MLB Expansion and Team Relocation 1950-2004," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-30, April.
- David W. Findlay & Clifford E. Reid, 2002. "A comparison of two voting models to forecast election into The National Baseball Hall of Fame," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 99-113.
- Findlay, David W & Reid, Clifford E, 1997. "Voting Behavior, Discrimination and the National Baseball Hall of Fame," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 562-578, July.
- Fry Michael J & Lundberg Andrew W & Ohlmann Jeffrey W, 2007. "A Player Selection Heuristic for a Sports League Draft," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-35, April.
- Christopher M. Clapp & Jahn K. Hakes, 2005. "How Long a Honeymoon? The Effect of New Stadiums on Attendance in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(3), pages 237-263, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamrick Jeff & Rasp John, 2011. "Using Local Correlation to Explain Success in Baseball," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-29, October.
- Mills Brian M. & Salaga Steven, 2011. "Using Tree Ensembles to Analyze National Baseball Hall of Fame Voting Patterns: An Application to Discrimination in BBWAA Voting," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-32, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:4:y:2008:i:4:n:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.