Is the small-ball strategy effective in winning games? A stochastic frontier production approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/microeconomics/journal/11123/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Turocy, Theodore L., 2005.
"Offensive performance, omitted variables, and the value of speed in baseball,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 283-286, December.
- Theodore L. Turocy, 2003. "Offensive Performance, Omitted Variables, and the Value of Speed in Baseball," Econometrics 0312005, EconWPA.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Peter Dawson & Stephen Dobson & Bill Gerrard, 2000. "Stochastic Frontiers and the Temporal Structure of Managerial Efficiency in English Soccer," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(4), pages 341-362, November.
- Zak, Thomas A & Huang, Cliff J & Siegfried, John J, 1979. "Production Efficiency: The Case of Professional Basketball," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 379-392, July.
- Dawson, Peter & Dobson, Stephen & Gerrard, Bill, 2000. "Estimating Coaching Efficiency in Professional Team Sports: Evidence from English Association Football," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 399-421, September.
- John Ruggiero & Lawrence Hadley & Gerry Ruggiero & Scott Knowles, 1997. "A Note on the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball Production," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 335-342.
- Jahn K. Hakes & Raymond D. Sauer, 2006. "An Economic Evaluation of the Moneyball Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 173-186, Summer.
- Hofler, Richard A. & Payne, James E., 1997. "Measuring efficiency in the National Basketball Association1," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 293-299, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)