The "Bradman Class": An Exploration of Some Issues in the Evaluation of Batsmen for Test Matches, 1877-2006
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bracewell Paul J & Ruggiero Katya, 2009. "A Parametric Control Chart for Monitoring Individual Batting Performances in Cricket," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-21, July.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 1993. "Managerial Quality, Team Success, and Individual Player Performance in Major League Baseball," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(3), pages 531-547, April.
- Robert Brooks & Robert Faff & David Sokulsky, 2002. "An ordered response model of test cricket performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2353-2365.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
- Ross Booth, 2004. "The Economics Of Achieving Competitive Balance In The Australian Football League, 1897–2004," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 23(4), pages 325-344, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sahadeb Sarkar & Anirban Banerjee, 2016. "Measuring batting consistency and comparing batting greats in test cricket: innovative applications of statistical tools," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(4), pages 365-400, December.
- Mukherjee, Satyam, 2012. "Identifying the greatest team and captain—A complex network approach to cricket matches," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(23), pages 6066-6076.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:6:y:2010:i:3:n:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.