File Sharing and Film Revenues: Estimates of Sales Displacement at the Box Office
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jordi McKenzie, 2012. "The Economics Of Movies: A Literature Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 42-70, February.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 2012. "Proofs for large sample properties of generalized method of moments estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 325-330.
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2006.
"Generalized reduced rank tests using the singular value decomposition,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 97-126, July.
- Frank Kleibergen & Richard Paap, 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-003/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Richard Paap & Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 195, Econometric Society.
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Sylvain Dejean, 2009.
"What Can We Learn from Empirical Studies About Piracy?,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 55(2), pages 326-352, June.
- Sylvain Dejean, 2009. "What Can We Learn from Empirical Studies About Piracy?," Post-Print hal-00973156, HAL.
- Sylvain Dejean, 2009. "What can we learn from empirical studies about piracy ?," Post-Print hal-00963851, HAL.
- Adermon, Adrian & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2014. "Piracy and music sales: The effects of an anti-piracy law," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 90-106.
- Danaher, Brett & Smith, Michael D., 2014. "Gone in 60 Seconds: The Impact of the Megaupload Shutdown on Movie Sales," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-8.
- Lonnie Stevans & David Sessions, 2005.
"An Empirical Investigation Into the Effect of Music Downloading on the Consumer Expenditure of Recorded Music: A Time Series Approach,"
Journal of Consumer Policy,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 311-324, September.
- Lonnie K. Stevans, 2005. "An Empirical Investigation into the Effect of Music Downloading on the Consumer Expenditure of Recorded Music: A Time Series Approach," Microeconomics 0502002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arthur Vany & W. Walls, 2007.
"Estimating the Effects of Movie Piracy on Box-office Revenue,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 291-301, June.
- W. D. Walls & A. DeVany, "undated". "Estimating the effects of movie piracy on box-office revenue," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- de Roos, Nicolas & McKenzie, Jordi, 2014. "Cheap Tuesdays and the demand for cinema," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 93-109.
- W. D. Walls, 2008. "Cross-country analysis of movie piracy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 625-632.
- W. D. Walls, "undated". "Bestsellers and Blockbusters: Movies, music, and books," Working Papers 2012-09, Department of Economics, University of Calgary.
- Brett Danaher & Michael D. Smith & Rahul Telang & Siwen Chen, 2014. "The Effect of Graduated Response Anti-Piracy Laws on Music Sales: Evidence from an Event Study in France," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 541-553, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McKenzie, Jordi, 2017. "Graduated response policies to digital piracy: Do they increase box office revenues of movies?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:16:y:2016:i:1:p:25-57:n:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.