The Economics Of Movies: A Literature Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weinstein, Mark, 1998. "Profit-Sharing Contracts in Hollywood: Evolution and Analysis," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 67-112, January.
- Chisholm, Darlene C, 1997. "Profit-Sharing versus Fixed-Payment Contracts: Evidence from the Motion Pictures Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 169-201, April.
- Darren Filson & David Switzer & Portia Besocke, 2005. "At the Movies: The Economics of Exhibition Contracts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(2), pages 354-369, April.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2008. "Socio-economic effects on increased cinema attendance: The case of Japan," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2546-2555, December.
- Gerda Gemser & Martine Oostrum & Mark Leenders, 2007. "The impact of film reviews on the box office performance of art house versus mainstream motion pictures," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(1), pages 43-63, March.
- Steven Albert, 1998. "Movie Stars and the Distribution of Financially Successful Films in the Motion Picture Industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(4), pages 249-270, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:2:p:736-756 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernanda Gutierrez-Navratil & Victor Fernandez-Blanco & Luis Orea & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2014.
"How do your rivals’ releasing dates affect your box office?,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 71-84.
- Fernanda Gutierrez-Navratil & Victor Fernandez-Blanco & Luis Orea & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2011. "How do your rivals' releasing dates affect your box office?," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-04-2011, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Nov 2011.
- Jordi McKenzie & W. Walls, 2013.
"Australian films at the Australian box office: performance, distribution, and subsidies,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 247-269.
- W. D. Walls & J. McKenzie, "undated". "Australian films at the Australian box office: Performance, distribution, and subsidies," Working Papers 2014-52, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- Jordi McKenzie, 2010. "How do theatrical box office revenues affect DVD retail sales? Australian empirical evidence," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 34(3), pages 159-179, August.
- JdD Tena & G. Meloni & D. Paolini, 2014. "American Beauty: trade flows and export costs of US movies Â," Working Paper CRENoS 201410, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Tylor Orme, 2014. "The short- and long-term effectiveness of anti-piracy laws and enforcement actions," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(4), pages 351-368, November.
- J. McKenzie & W. D. Walls, "undated".
"File Sharing and Film Revenues: An Empirical Analysis,"
2013-01, Department of Economics, University of Calgary.
- McKenzie, Jordi & Walls, W. D., 2013. "File-Sharing and Film Revenues: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 2013-14, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- David Court & Benjamin Gillen & Jordi McKenzie & Charles Plott, 2015. "Two Information Aggregation Mechanisms for Predicting the Opening Weekend Box Office Revenues of Films: Boxoffice Prophecy and Guess of Guesses," Natural Field Experiments 00541, The Field Experiments Website.
- Juan Prieto-Rodriguez & Fernanda Gutierrez-Navratil & Victoria Ateca-Amestoy, 2015. "Theatre allocation as a distributor’s strategic variable over movie runs," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(1), pages 65-83, February.
- repec:spr:joecth:v:65:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00199-017-1036-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- McKenzie, Jordi, 2013. "Predicting box office with and without markets: Do internet users know anything?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 70-80.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2013.
"Зарубежные (1913-2013 Гг.) И Российские (1992-2013 Гг.) Кинофильмы: Основные Характеристики, Тенденции И Взаимосвязи
[Foreign (1913-2013) and Russian (1992-2013) Motion Pictures: Basic Characterist," MPRA Paper 48391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. E. Scorcu & R. Zanola, 2011. "Survival in the Cultural Market: The Case of Temporary Exhibitions," Working Paper series 36_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- P. Belleflamme & D. Paolini, 2015.
"Strategic Promotion and Release Decisions for Cultural Goods,"
Working Paper CRENoS
201508, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Belleflamme, P. & Paolini, D., 2015. "Strategic Promotion and Release Decisions for Cultural Goods," CORE Discussion Papers 2015037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Agnani, Betty & Aray, Henry, 2016. "Effects of Oscar awards on movie production," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-8, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- McKenzie Jordi & Walls W. David, 2016. "File Sharing and Film Revenues: Estimates of Sales Displacement at the Box Office," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 25-57, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jecsur:v:26:y:2012:i:1:p:42-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.