Contracts Between Art and Commerce
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weinstein, Mark, 1998. "Profit-Sharing Contracts in Hollywood: Evolution and Analysis," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 67-112, January.
- Michael Kremer, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-575.
- Chisholm, Darlene C, 1997. "Profit-Sharing versus Fixed-Payment Contracts: Evidence from the Motion Pictures Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 169-201, April.
- Hansmann, Henry & Kraakman, Reinier, 1992. "Hands-Tying Contracts: Book Publishing, Venture Capital Financing, and Secured Debt," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 628-655, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tobias Regner & Maija Halonen-Akatwijuka, 2004.
"Digital Technology And The Allocation Of Ownership In The Music Industry,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004
54, Royal Economic Society.
- Maija Halonen-Akatwijuka & Tobias Regner, 2009. "Digital Technology and the Allocation of Ownership in the Music Industry," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-096, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Maija Halonen-Akatwijuka & Toby Regner, 2004. "Digital Technology and the Allocation of Ownership in the Music Industry," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/096, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Maija Halonen-Akatwijuka & Tobias Regner, 2009. "Digital Technology and the Allocation of Ownership in the Music Industry," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/228, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Beck, Jonathan, 2008. "Diderot´s rule," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Competition and Innovation SP II 2008-13, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Selvaretnam, Geethanjali & Yang, Jen-Yuan, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 2015-19, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Maria Navarro Paniagua & Sofia Izquierdo Sanchez, 2017. "Hollywoodâ€™s Wage Structure and Discrimination," Working Papers 152465718, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Kim Jin-Hyuk, 2007.
"Strategic Use of Copyright Protection to Deter Entry,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Kim, Jin-Hyuk, 2007. "Strategic Use of Copyright Protection to Deter Entry," MPRA Paper 51397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- T. Christopher Borek & Angelo Frattarelli & Oliver Hart, 2014. "Tax Shelters or Efficient Tax Planning? A Theory of the Firm Perspective on the Economic Substance Doctrine," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 975-1000.
- Francesco Angelini & Massimiliano Castellani, 2017. "Cultural and economic value: A (p)review," Working Paper series 17-10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2018.
- Harvey Molotch & Mark Treskon, 2009. "Changing Art: SoHo, Chelsea and the Dynamic Geography of Galleries in New York City," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 517-541, June.
- Alessandro Bonatti & Johannes Horner, 2011. "Career Concerns and Market Structure," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1831R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2013.
- Spanjer, Anne, 2017. "The impact of experience on the behavior and performance of self-employed and entrepreneurs. Three empirical studies," Other publications TiSEM 6684507a-1de9-47b5-9da7-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30703804 is not listed on IDEAS
- Skrzypacz, Andrzej, 2013. "Auctions with contingent payments — An overview," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 666-675.
- Selvaretnam, Geethanjali & Yang, Jen-Yuan, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-19, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Sällström Matthews, S.E., 2007. "Practice Makes Perfect: On Professional Standards," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0728, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Andersen, Kristina Vaarst, 2013. "The problem of embeddedness revisited: Collaboration and market types," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 139-148.
- Gans, Joshua S., 2015.
"“Selling Out” and the impact of music piracy on artist entry,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 58-64.
- Joshua S. Gans, 2014. ""Selling Out" and the Impact of Music Piracy on Artist Entry," NBER Working Papers 20162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Mathijs De Vaan & Ron Boschma, 2013.
"The dynamics of interfirm networks along the industry life cycle: The case of the global video game industry, 1987--2007,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 741-765, September.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Mathijs de Vaan & Ron Boschma, 2011. "The Dynamics of Interfirm Networks along the Industry Life Cycle: The Case of the Global Video Games Industry 1987-2007," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1114, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2011.
- M. Rimscha, 2013. "It’s not the economy, stupid! External effects on the supply and demand of cinema entertainment," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 37(4), pages 433-455, November.
- Geethanjali Selvaretnam & Jen-Yuan Yang, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201501, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- repec:ers:journl:v:xx:y:2017:i:3a:p:96-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sällström, Susanna, 2007. "Practice Makes Perfect: On Professional Standards," CEPR Discussion Papers 6377, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis Antonio Palma M. & Luis Fernando Aguado Q., 2010. "Economía de la cultura. Una nueva área de especialización de la economía," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 12(22), pages 129-165, January-J.
- Gayer, Amit & Shy, Oz, 2006. "Publishers, artists, and copyright enforcement," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 374-384, November.
- Su-Hyun Berg & Robert Hassink, 2013. "Creative industries from an evolutionary perspective: A critical literature review," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1306, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2013.
- Alexander S. Gorbenko & Andrey Malenko, 2011. "Competition among Sellers in Securities Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1806-1841, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:17:y:2003:i:2:p:73-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.