Profit-Sharing Contracts in Hollywood: Evolution and Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Shavell, 1981. "The Social versus the Private Incentive to Bring Suit in a Costly Legal System," NBER Working Papers 0741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hylton, Keith N., 1990. "The influence of litigation costs on deterrence under strict liability and under negligence," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 161-171, September.
- Png, I. P. L., 1987. "Litigation, liability, and incentives for care," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 61-85, October.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 1988. "Suing Solely to Extract a Settlement Offer," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 437-450, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordi McKenzie, 2012. "The Economics Of Movies: A Literature Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 42-70, February.
- Alexis Dantec & Florence Levy, 2005. "Stars et box office : un état des approches théoriques et empiriques," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2005-13, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Selvaretnam, Geethanjali & Yang, Jen-Yuan, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 2015-19, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Feng, Xuehao & Moon, Ilkyeong & Ryu, Kwangyeol, 2014. "Revenue-sharing contracts in an N-stage supply chain with reliability considerations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PA), pages 20-29.
- Darlene Chisholm, 2004. "Two-Part Share Contracts, Risk, and the Life Cycle of Stars: Some Empirical Results from Motion Picture Contracts," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(1), pages 37-56, February.
- Liyuan Wei, 2006. "—Making Sense of These Million-Dollar Babies—Rationale Behind Superstar Profit Participation Contracts," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 678-680, 11-12.
- Françoise Benhamou, 2011. "Artists’ Labour Markets," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:35:y:2017:i:2:p:269-277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Selvaretnam, Geethanjali & Yang, Jen-Yuan, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-19, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Rui de Figueiredo & Evan Rawley & Orie Shelef, 2014. "Bad Bets: Excessive Risk Taking, Convex Incentives, and Performance," Discussion Papers 13-002, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Geethanjali Selvaretnam & Jen-Yuan Yang, 2015. "Factors Affecting the Financial Success of Motion Pictures: What is the Role of Star Power?," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201501, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Ch'ng, Kean Siang, 2007.
"Evolutionary Concept, Genetic Algorithm and Exhibition Contract in Movie Industry,"
5387, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Oct 2007.
- Ch'ng, Kean Siang, 2007. "Evolutionary Concept, Genetic Algorithm and Exhibition Contract in Movie Industry," MPRA Paper 5138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Darlene C Chisholm, 2011. "Motion Pictures," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Anita Elberse & Mark A.A.M. Leenders, 2006. "The Motion Picture Industry: Critical Issues in Practice, Current Research, and New Research Directions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 638-661, 11-12.
- Darren Filson, 2003. "Dynamic Common Agency, Vertical Integration, and Investment: The Economics of Movie Distribution," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2003-07, Claremont Colleges.
- Michael Pokorny & John Sedgwick, 2001. "Stardom and the Profitability of Film Making: Warner Bros. in the 1930s," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 25(3), pages 157-184, August.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2006. "Explaining the Star Shift in the Media– Why “Manufactured” Celebrities are More Lucrative than “Self-Made” Superstars," Working Papers 0057, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Jun Yang, 2010. "Timing of Effort and Reward: Three-Sided Moral Hazard in a Continuous-Time Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(9), pages 1568-1583, September.
- Richard E. Caves, 2003. "Contracts Between Art and Commerce," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 73-83, Spring.
- Christian Jansen, 2003. "Economic Effects of the New German Copyright Contract Law," Law and Economics 0302003, EconWPA.
- Silver, Gregory Mead, 2010. "Economic effects of vertical disintegration: the American motion picture industry, 1945 to 1955," Economic History Working Papers 30043, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:v:27:y:1998:i:1:p:67-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.