Estimating the long-term economic impacts of Spanish universities on the national economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- JOSE MANUEL PASTOR MONSALVEZ & Carlos Peraita & Francisco PÃ©rez, 2015. "Estimating the Long-Term Economic Impacts of the Spanish Universities on the National Economy," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1722, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harvey Goldstein & Catherine Renault, 2004. "Contributions of Universities to Regional Economic Development: A Quasi-experimental Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(7), pages 733-746.
- Díaz, Antonia & Franjo, Luis, 2016.
"Capital goods, measured TFP and growth: The case of Spain,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 19-39.
- Franjo, Luis & Díaz, Antonia, 2014. "Capital goods, measured TFP and growth : the case of Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1422, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Antonia Diaz & Luis Franjo, 2014. "Capital goods, measured TFP and growth: The case of Spain," Working Papers 201401, Center for Fiscal Policy, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, revised Oct 2014.
- Dominic Power & Anders Malmberg, 2008. "The contribution of universities to innovation and economic development: in what sense a regional problem?," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(2), pages 233-245.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Joshua Drucker & Harvey Goldstein, 2007. "Assessing the Regional Economic Development Impacts of Universities: A Review of Current Approaches," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 30(1), pages 20-46, January.
- Basant, Rakesh & Partha Mukhopadhyay, 2009. "An Arrested Virtuous Circle? Higher Education And High-Tech Industries In India," IIMA Working Papers WP2009-05-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Rakesh Basant & Partha Mukhopadhyay, 2009. "An Arrested Virtuous Circle? Higher Education and High-Tech Industries in India," Working Papers id:1935, eSocialSciences.
- Rubén Garrido-Yserte & María Gallo-Rivera, 2010. "The impact of the university upon local economy: three methods to estimate demand-side effects," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 39-67, February.
- Moretti, Enrico, 2004.
"Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 175-212.
- Enrico Moretti, 2002. "Estimating the Social Return to Higher Education: Evidence From Longitudinal and Repeated Cross-Sectional Data," NBER Working Papers 9108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003.
"The skill content of recent technological change: an empirical exploration,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1279-1333.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2001. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 8337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siegfried, John J. & Sanderson, Allen R. & McHenry, Peter, 2007.
"The economic impact of colleges and universities,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 546-558, October.
- John J. Siegfried & Allen R. Sanderson & Peter McHenry, 2006. "The Economic Impact of Colleges and Universities," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0612, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Sergio Puente & Miguel Pérez, 2004. "Las series de stock de capital humano y tecnológico en los indicadores de convergencia real," Boletín Económico, Banco de España;Boletín Económico Homepage, issue DEC, pages 1-8, Diciembre.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- James Giesecke & John Madden, 2005. "A CGE assessment of a university's effects on a regional economy - supply-side versus demand-side effects," ERSA conference papers ersa05p436, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Arbo & Paul Benneworth, 2007. "Understanding the Regional Contribution of Higher Education Institutions: A Literature Review," OECD Education Working Papers 9, OECD Publishing.
- Attila Varga (ed.), 2009. "Universities, Knowledge Transfer and Regional Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 4250.
- O'Shea, Rory P. & Allen, Thomas J. & Chevalier, Arnaud & Roche, Frank, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation, technology transfer and spinoff performance of U.S. universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 994-1009, September.
- Matilde Mas & Javier Quesada, 2005. "ICT and Economic Growth: A Quantification of Productivity Growth in Spain 1985-2002," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/4, OECD Publishing.
- Maryann Feldman & Pierre Desrochers, 2003. "Research Universities and Local Economic Development: Lessons from the History of the Johns Hopkins University," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 5-24.
- Iryna Lendel, 2010. "The Impact of Research Universities on Regional Economies: The Concept of University Products," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 24(3), pages 210-230, August.
- Bramwell, Allison & Wolfe, David A., 2008. "Universities and regional economic development: The entrepreneurial University of Waterloo," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1175-1187, September.
- J. Paul Elhorst & Annette S. Zeilstra, 2007. "Labour force participation rates at the regional and national levels of the European Union: An integrated analysis," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(4), pages 525-549, November.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joan Crespo & Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2020. "Does university performance have an economic payoff for their home regions? Evidence for the Spanish provinces," Working Papers 2020/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:presci:v:95:y:2016:i:4:p:673-692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1056-8190 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.