The Impact of Mass Customisation on Manufacturing Trade‐offs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Suresh Kotha, 1995. "Mass customization: Implementing the emerging paradigm for competitive advantage," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(S1), pages 21-42.
- Westbrook, Roy & Williamson, Peter, 1993. "Mass customization:Japan's new frontier," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 38-45, March.
- Roth, Aleda V. & Miller, Jeffrey G., 1992. "Success factors in manufacturing," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 73-81.
- Da Silveira, Giovani & Borenstein, Denis & Fogliatto, Flavio S., 2001. "Mass customization: Literature review and research directions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-13, June.
- Berman, Barry, 2002. "Should your firm adopt a mass customization strategy?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 51-60.
- C.-H. Sophie Lee & Anttesh Barua & Andrew Whinston, 2000. "The Complementarity Of Mass Customization And Electronic Commerce," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 81-110.
- Charles H. Fine & Arnoldo C. Hax, 1985. "Manufacturing Strategy: A Methodology and an Illustration," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 15(6), pages 28-46, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lihra, Torsten & Buehlmann, Urs & Graf, Raoul, 2012. "Customer preferences for customized household furniture," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 94-112.
- Cynthia dos Santos Hentschke & Carlos Torres Formoso & Marcia Elisa Echeveste, 2020. "A Customer Integration Framework for the Development of Mass Customised Housing Projects," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-26, October.
- Gu, Qiannong & Jitpaipoon, Thawatchai & Yang, Jie, 2017. "The impact of information integration on financial performance: A knowledge-based view," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 221-232.
- Aurora Irma Maynez-Guaderrama & Judith Cavazos-Arroyo & Vianey Torres-Arguelles & Maria Teresa Escobedo-Portillo, 2013. "Capabilities To Customize Production And Reconfigure Internally: Do Capabilities Influence Perceived Operating Performance And Competitive Advantage?, Las Capacidades De La Empresa Para Personalizar S," Revista Internacional Administracion & Finanzas, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(7), pages 47-65.
- Teerling, M.L. & Huizingh, Eelko K.R.E., 2006. "Exploring the concept of web site customization: applications and antecedents," Research Report 06F07, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Minvielle, Etienne & Waelli, Mathias & Sicotte, Claude & Kimberly, John R., 2014. "Managing customization in health care: A framework derived from the services sector literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 216-227.
- Mincong Tang & Yinan Qi & Min Zhang, 2017. "Impact of Product Modularity on Mass Customization Capability: An Exploratory Study of Contextual Factors," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(04), pages 939-959, July.
- Pacheco, Diego Augusto de Jesus & Antunes Junior, José Antonio Valle & de Matos, Celso Augusto, 2021. "The constraints of theory: What is the impact of the Theory of Constraints on Operations Strategy?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 235(C).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:06f07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rönnberg Sjödin, David & Parida, Vinit & Kohtamäki, Marko, 2016. "Capability configurations for advanced service offerings in manufacturing firms: Using fuzzy set qualitative comparative analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5330-5335.
- Zhou, Wei & Piramuthu, Selwyn, 2012. "Manufacturing with item-level RFID information: From macro to micro quality control," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 929-938.
- Aleksandras Vytautas Rutkauskas & Aleksandr Ostapenko, 2016. "Return, reliability and risk as a proactive set of concepts in developing an efficient integration strategy of companies," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 201-214, April.
- Ulusoy, Gunduz, 2003. "An assessment of supply chain and innovation management practices in the manufacturing industries in Turkey," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 251-270, December.
- Fabrizio Salvador, 2004. "Effective product assortment communication: overcoming the "product variety paradox" on the net," Working Papers Economia wp04-20, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Na Liu & Pui-Sze Chow & Hongshan Zhao, 2020. "Challenges and critical successful factors for apparel mass customization operations: recent development and case study," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 291(1), pages 531-563, August.
- Sandrin, Enrico & Trentin, Alessio & Forza, Cipriano, 2018. "Leveraging high-involvement practices to develop mass customization capability: A contingent configurational perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 335-345.
- Safsten, K. & Winroth, M. & Stahre, J., 2007. "The content and process of automation strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1-2), pages 25-38, October.
- Lanndon A. Ocampo, 2019. "Decision Modeling for Manufacturing Sustainability with Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 20(1), pages 25-41, February.
- A. Arrighetti & F. Landini, 2018. "Eterogeneità delle imprese e stagnazione del capitalismo italiano," Economics Department Working Papers 2018-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Ding, Huiping & Chen, Xiangbo & Lin, Kuanhai & Wei, Yunbing, 2019. "Collaborative mechanism of project profit allotment in petroleum engineering service chain with customized integration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 214(C), pages 163-174.
- Arnold Kamis & Tziporah Stern & Daniel M. Ladik, 2010. "A flow-based model of web site intentions when users customize products in business-to-consumer electronic commerce," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 157-168, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:popmgt:v:15:y:2006:i:1:p:10-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1937-5956 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1937-5956 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.