Was bedeutet Steuervereinfachung wirklich?
The goal of a simplification of the tax system can be made tractable by reference to the measure of compliance costs. These must, apart from the tax declaration costs, comprise the costs of tax planning that individuals are willing to bear to avoid taxes. Crude forms of taxation lower declaration costs and give rise to tax avoidance planning through unequal tax burdens. Tax simplification by means of lowering tax compliance costs must pay attention to both types of costs. Altogether, the potential of a reduction of tax compliance costs is thus lower than hoped for. Copyright Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishers Ltd, 2006
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6493|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans-Georg Petersen & Antje Fischer & Juliane Flach, 2003.
"Wirkungen der Einfachsteuer auf die Steuerbelastung von Haushalten und Unternehmen,"
39, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Hans-Georg Petersen & Antje Fischer & Juliane Flach, 2005. "Wirkungen der Einfachsteuer auf die Steuerbelastung von Haushalten und Unternehmen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(1), pages 71-94, 02.
- Kiesewetter, Dirk & Lachmund, Andreas, 2004.
"Wirkungen einer Abgeltungssteuer auf Investitionsentscheidungen und Kapitalstruktur von Unternehmen
[Effects of a flat rate tax on investment decisions and capital structure of companies]," MPRA Paper 27177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2010. "Allgemeine Steuerlehre," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 92547.
- Mark M. Pitt & Joel Slemrod, 1988.
"The Compliance Cost of Itemizing Deductions: Evidence from Individual Tax Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
2526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pitt, Mark M & Slemrod, Joel, 1989. "The Compliance Cost of Itemizing Deductions: Evidence from Individual Tax Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1224-32, December.
- Kaplow, Louis, 1996. "How Tax Complexity and Enforcement Affect the Equity and Efficiency of the Income Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(1), pages 135-50, March.
- Lachmund, Andreas & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2004. "Wirkungen einer Abgeltungssteuer auf Investitionsentscheidungen und Kapitalstruktur von Unternehmen," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 278, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Smith, Peter, 1991. "Lessons from the British Poll Tax Disaster," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(4), pages 421-36, December.
- Louis Kaplow, 1995. "How Tax Complexity and Enforcement Affect the Equity and Efficiency of The Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 5391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:perwir:v:7:y:2006:i:1:p:19-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.