Land Market Restrictions, Women's Labour Force Participation and Wages in a Rural Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Emran,M. Shahe & Shilpi,Forhad J. & Emran,M. Shahe & Shilpi,Forhad J., 2015. "Land market restrictions, women's labor force participation, and wages in a rural economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7524, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chowdhury, Mohammad Tarequl H. & Bhattacharya, Prasad Sankar & Mallick, Debdulal & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet Ali, 2014. "An empirical inquiry into the role of sectoral diversification in exchange rate regime choice," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 210-227.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:30:y:2012:i:1:p:67-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Amartya, 1981. "Public Action and the Quality of Life in Developing Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(4), pages 287-319, November.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001.
"The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1369-1401, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2000. "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger Klein & Francis Vella, 2009.
"A semiparametric model for binary response and continuous outcomes under index heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 735-762.
- Klein, Roger & Vella, Francis, 2006. "A Semiparametric Model for Binary Response and Continuous Outcomes Under Index Heteroscedasticity," IZA Discussion Papers 2383, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Guo Li & Scott Rozelle, 2002.
"Hazards of Expropriation: Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Rural China,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1420-1447, December.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott, 2002. "Hazards Of Expropriation:Tenure Insecurity And Investment In Rural China," Working Papers 11960, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- M. Shahe Emran & Zhaoyang Hou, 2013. "Access to Markets and Rural Poverty: Evidence from Household Consumption in China," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 682-697, May.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2012.
"Microfinance and Moneylender Interest Rate: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1181-1189.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2009. "Microfinance and Moneylender Interest Rate: Evidence from Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 17800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi, 2012.
"The extent of the market and stages of agricultural specialization,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(3), pages 1125-1153, August.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2008. "The extent of the market and stages of agricultural specialization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4534, The World Bank.
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi, 2008. "The Extent of the Market and Stages of Agricultural Specialization," Working Papers 2008-11, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2008.
"The Depressing Effect of Agricultural Institutions on the Prewar Japanese Economy,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(4), pages 573-632, August.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2006. "The Depressing Effect of Agricultural Institutions on the Prewar Japanese Economy," NBER Working Papers 12081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erica Field, 2007. "Entitled to Work: Urban Property Rights and Labor Supply in Peru," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1561-1602.
- Markus Goldstein & Christopher Udry, 2008.
"The Profits of Power: Land Rights and Agricultural Investment in Ghana,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(6), pages 981-1022, December.
- Markus Goldstein & Christopher Udry, 2005. "The Profits of Power: Land Rights and Agricultural Investment in Ghana," Working Papers 929, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2010. "General equilibrium effects of land market restrictions on labor market : evidence from wages in Sri Lanka," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5461, The World Bank.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Yona Rubinstein, 2008. "Selection, Investment, and Women's Relative Wages Over Time," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 1061-1110.
- Julie Anderson Schaffner, 2002. "Heteroskedastic Sample Selection And Developing-Country Wage Equations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 269-280, May.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:79:y:2017:i:5:p:747-768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.