The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 2000. "The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 733, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Braun, Phillip A & Nelson, Daniel B & Sunier, Alain M, 1995. " Good News, Bad News, Volatility, and Betas," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1575-1603, December.
- Olan Henry, 1998.
"Modelling the asymmetry of stock market volatility,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 145-153.
- Henry, O.T.J., 1995. "Modelling the Assymetry of Stock Market Volatility," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 487, The University of Melbourne.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chopra, Navin & Lakonishok, Josef & Ritter, Jay R., 1992. "Measuring abnormal performance : Do stocks overreact?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 235-268, April.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O.T. Henry & S. Suardi, 2005. "Testing For Asymmetry In Interest Rate Volatility In The Presence Of A Neglected Level Effect," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 945, The University of Melbourne.
- Feng, Yuanhua, 2006. "A local dynamic conditional correlation model," MPRA Paper 1592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandy Suardi & O.T.Henry & N. Olekalns, "undated".
"Equity Return and Short-Term Interest Rate Volatility: Level Effects and Asymmetric Dynamics,"
MRG Discussion Paper Series
0206, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Olan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Sandy Suardi, 2005. "Equity Return and Short-Term Interest Rate Volatility : Level Effects and Asymmetric Dynamics," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 941, The University of Melbourne.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2015. "Level of efficiency in the UK equity market: empirical study of the effects of the global financial crisis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 213-242, February.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2012. "Comparison of efficiency characteristics between the banking sectors of US and UK during the global financial crisis of 2007–2011," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 106-116.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:936-957 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choudhry, Taufiq & Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2014. "Market efficiency during the global financial crisis: Empirical evidence from European banks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(PB), pages 299-318.
More about this item
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:64:y:2002:i:5:p:487-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.