Modelling the asymmetry of stock market volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Henry, O.T.J., 1995. "Modelling the Assymetry of Stock Market Volatility," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 487, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Psaradakis, Z. & Tzavalis, E., 1995. "Regression-Based Tests for Persistence in Conditional Variances," Discussion Papers 9501, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- repec:exe:wpaper:95/01 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grier, K.B. & Henry, O.T. & Olekalns, N., 2001. "The Effects of Uncertainty on Macroeconomic Performance: The Importance of the Conditional Covariance Model," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 818, The University of Melbourne.
- Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T, 2002.
" The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(5), pages 487-507, December.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 2000. "The Impact of News on Measures of Undiversifiable Risk: Evidence from the UK Stock Market," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 733, The University of Melbourne.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002.
"Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 165-193, July.
- Fratzscher, M., 2001. "Financial Market Integration in Europe: On the Effects of EMU on Stock Markets," Papers 48, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Fratzscher, Marcel, 2001. "Financial market integration in Europe: on the effects of EMU on stock markets," Working Paper Series 0048, European Central Bank.
- O.T. Henry & S. Suardi, 2005. "Testing For Asymmetry In Interest Rate Volatility In The Presence Of A Neglected Level Effect," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 945, The University of Melbourne.
- Ólan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2006.
"The Impact of Short Selling on the Price-Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 671-692, March.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2003. "The Impact of Short Selling on the Price–Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 869, The University of Melbourne.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2004. "The Impact of Short Selling on the Price-Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 032004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- DAVID G. McMILLAN & ALAN E. H. SPEIGHT, 2007. "Value-at-Risk in Emerging Equity Markets: Comparative Evidence for Symmetric, Asymmetric, and Long-Memory GARCH Models," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 7(1-2), pages 1-19.
- Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T., 2000.
"Can portmanteau nonlinearity tests serve as general mis-specification tests?: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric GARCH models,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 245-251, June.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 1999. "Can Portemanteau Nonlinearity Tests Serve as General Mis-Specification Tests? Evidence from Symmetric and Asymmetric GARCH Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 723, The University of Melbourne.
- Leeves, Gareth, 2007. "Asymmetric volatility of stock returns during the Asian crisis: Evidence from Indonesia," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 272-286.
- Athanassiou, Emmanuel & Kollias, Christos & Syriopoulos, Theodore, 2006. "Dynamic volatility and external security related shocks: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 411-424, December.
- Paul D. McNelis & Carrie K.C. Chan, 2004. "Deflationary Dynamics in Hong Kong: Evidence from Linear and Neural Network Regime Switching Models," Working Papers 212004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Abounoori, Esmaiel & Elmi, Zahra (Mila) & Nademi, Younes, 2016. "Forecasting Tehran stock exchange volatility; Markov switching GARCH approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 445(C), pages 264-282.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:8:y:1998:i:2:p:145-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.