The Impact of the Secondary Market on Life Insurers' Surrender Profits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoermann, Gudrun & Ruß, Jochen, 2008. "Enhanced annuities and the impact of individual underwriting on an insurer's profit situation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 150-157, August.
- Bjarke Jensen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen & Anders Grosen, 2001.
"A Finite Difference Approach to the Valuation of Path Dependent Life Insurance Liabilities,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 26(1), pages 57-84, June.
- Grosen, Anders & Jensen, Bjarke & Løchte Jørgensen, Peter, 2001. "A Finite Difference Approach to the Valuation of Path Dependent Life Insurance Liabilities," Finance Working Papers 01-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- David F. Babbel & Craig Merrill, 2005. "Real and Illusory Value Creation by Insurance Companies," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-22.
- Grosen, Anders & Lochte Jorgensen, Peter, 2000. "Fair valuation of life insurance liabilities: The impact of interest rate guarantees, surrender options, and bonus policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 37-57, February.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita, 2005. "Endogenous model of surrender conditions in equity-linked life insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 270-296, October.
- Weiyu Kuo & Chenghsien Tsai & Wei-Kuang Chen, 2003. "An Empirical Study on the Lapse Rate: The Cointegration Approach," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 489-508.
- Tanskanen, Antti Juho & Lukkarinen, Jani, 2003. "Fair valuation of path-dependent participating life insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 595-609, December.
- Jay Bhattacharya & Dana Goldman & Neeraj Sood, 2004. "Price Regulation in Secondary Insurance Markets," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(4), pages 643-675.
- Neil A. Doherty & Hal J. Singer & October, "undated". "The Benefits of a Secondary Market ForLife Insurance Policies," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-41, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Steffensen, Mogens, 2002. "Intervention options in life insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 71-85, August.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita, 2001. "Fair Pricing of Life Insurance Participating Policies with a Minimum Interest Rate Guaranteed," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 275-297, November.
- Anna Rita Bacinello, 2005. "Modelling the Surrender Conditions in Equity-Linked Life Insurance," CeRP Working Papers 39, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Outreville, J. Francois, 1990. "Whole-life insurance lapse rates and the emergency fund hypothesis," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 249-255, December.
- James Vaupel & Kenneth Manton & Eric Stallard, 1979. "The impact of heterogeneity in individual frailty on the dynamics of mortality," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 16(3), pages 439-454, August.
- Nadine Gatzert & Hato Schmeiser, 2008. "Assessing the Risk Potential of Premium Payment Options in Participating Life Insurance Contracts," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 691-712.
- Tsai, Chenghsien & Kuo, Weiyu & Chen, Wei-Kuang, 2002. "Early surrender and the distribution of policy reserves," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 429-445, December.
- Krupa S. Viswanathan & Jean Lemaire & Kate Withers & Katrina Armstrong & Agnieszka Baumritter & John C. Hershey & Mark V. Pauly & David A. Asch, 2007. "Adverse Selection in Term Life Insurance Purchasing due to the BRCA1/2 Genetic Test and Elastic Demand," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(1), pages 65-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:2:p:661-690 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Eling & Dieter Kiesenbauer, 2012. "Does Surplus Participation Reflect Market Discipline? An Analysis of the German Life Insurance Market," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 159-185, December.
- Gemmo, Irina & Götz, Martin, 2016. "Life insurance and demographic change: An empirical analysis of surrender decisions based on panel data," ICIR Working Paper Series 24/16, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Schaper, Philipp, 2017. "Under pressure: how the business environment affects productivity and efficiency of European life insurance companiesAuthor-Name: Eling, Martin," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 1082-1094.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:76:y:2009:i:4:p:887-908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.