Life insurance and demographic change: An empirical analysis of surrender decisions based on panel data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andre P. Liebenberg & James M. Carson & Randy E. Dumm, 2012. "A Dynamic Analysis of the Demand for Life Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(3), pages 619-644, September.
- Martin Eling & Michael Kochanski, 2013.
"Research on lapse in life insurance: what has been done and what needs to be done?,"
Journal of Risk Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 392-413, August.
- Eling, Martin & Kochanski, Michael, 2012. "Research on Lapse in Life Insurance – What Has Been Done and What Needs to Be Done?," Working Papers on Finance 1224, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eme:jrfpps:v:14:y:2013:i:2:p:392-413 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nadine Gatzert & Gudrun Hoermann & Hato Schmeiser, 2009. "The Impact of the Secondary Market on Life Insurers' Surrender Profits," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(4), pages 887-908.
- Alicia Adsera, 2006. "An Economic Analysis of the Gap Between Desired and Actual Fertility: The Case of Spain," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 75-95, March.
- Alícia Adserà, 2004. "Changing fertility rates in developed countries. The impact of labor market institutions," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 17-43, February.
- Outreville, J. Francois, 1990. "Whole-life insurance lapse rates and the emergency fund hypothesis," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 249-255, December.
- Xavier Milhaud & Stéphane Loisel & Véronique Maume-Deschamps, 2011. "Surrender triggers in life insurance: what main features affect the surrender behavior in a classical economic context?," Post-Print hal-00450003, HAL.
- Martin Eling & Dieter Kiesenbauer, 2014. "What Policy Features Determine Life Insurance Lapse? An Analysis of the German Market," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 81(2), pages 241-269, June.
- Weiyu Kuo & Chenghsien Tsai & Wei-Kuang Chen, 2003. "An Empirical Study on the Lapse Rate: The Cointegration Approach," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 489-508.
- Dan Andrews & Aida Caldera Sánchez, 2011. "The Evolution of Homeownership Rates in Selected OECD Countries: Demographic and Public Policy Influences," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 1-37.
- David T. Russell & Stephen G. Fier & James M. Carson & Randy E. Dumm, 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Life Insurance Policy Surrender Activity," Journal of Insurance Issues, Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 35-57.
More about this item
KeywordsDemographic Change; Life Insurance; Surrender;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2017-02-05 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2017-02-05 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:icirwp:2416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icffmde.html .