On the use of non‐local prior densities in Bayesian hypothesis tests
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elías Moreno, 2005. "Objective Bayesian methods for one-sided testing," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 14(1), pages 181-198, June.
- Casella, George & Moreno, Elias, 2006. "Objective Bayesian Variable Selection," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 157-167, March.
- Stephen Walker & Nils Lid Hjort, 2001. "On Bayesian consistency," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(4), pages 811-821.
- Juan Cano & Mathieu Kessler & Elías Moreno, 2004. "On intrinsic priors for nonnested models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(2), pages 445-463, December.
- Liang, Feng & Paulo, Rui & Molina, German & Clyde, Merlise A. & Berger, Jim O., 2008. "Mixtures of g Priors for Bayesian Variable Selection," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 410-423, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- T S Shively & S G Walker, 2018. "On Bayes factors for the linear model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 105(3), pages 739-744.
- Ho-Hsiang Wu & Marco A. R. Ferreira & Mohamed Elkhouly & Tieming Ji, 2020. "Hyper Nonlocal Priors for Variable Selection in Generalized Linear Models," Sankhya A: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Springer;Indian Statistical Institute, vol. 82(1), pages 147-185, February.
- Shi, Guiling & Lim, Chae Young & Maiti, Tapabrata, 2019. "Model selection using mass-nonlocal prior," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 36-44.
- D. Fouskakis, 2019. "Priors via imaginary training samples of sufficient statistics for objective Bayesian hypothesis testing," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 77(3), pages 179-199, December.
- Li, Hanning & Pati, Debdeep, 2017. "Variable selection using shrinkage priors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 107-119.
- Fetene B. Tekle & Dereje W. Gudicha & Jeroen K. Vermunt, 2016. "Power analysis for the bootstrap likelihood ratio test for the number of classes in latent class models," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 10(2), pages 209-224, June.
- Mark F. J. Steel, 2020. "Model Averaging and Its Use in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 644-719, September.
- David Rossell & Donatello Telesca, 2017. "Nonlocal Priors for High-Dimensional Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(517), pages 254-265, January.
- Gelman Andrew & Robert Christian P. & Rousseau Judith, 2013. "Inherent difficulties of non-Bayesian likelihood-based inference, as revealed by an examination of a recent book by Aitkin," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 30(2), pages 105-120, June.
- Scott D. Goddard & Valen E. Johnson, 2016. "Restricted most powerful Bayesian tests for linear models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1162-1177, December.
- Christian P. Robert, 2013. "On the jeffreys-Lindley's Paradox," Working Papers 2013-46, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Davide Altomare & Guido Consonni & Luca La Rocca, 2013. "Objective Bayesian Search of Gaussian Directed Acyclic Graphical Models for Ordered Variables with Non-Local Priors," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 478-487, June.
- Nilotpal Sanyal & Marco A. R. Ferreira, 2017. "Bayesian Wavelet Analysis Using Nonlocal Priors with an Application to fMRI Analysis," Sankhya B: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Springer;Indian Statistical Institute, vol. 79(2), pages 361-388, November.
- David G Jenkins & Pedro F Quintana-Ascencio, 2020. "A solution to minimum sample size for regressions," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(2), pages 1-15, February.
- Shi, Guiling & Lim, Chae Young & Maiti, Tapabrata, 2019. "Bayesian model selection for generalized linear models using non-local priors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 285-296.
- Guido Consonni & Luca La Rocca, 2010. "Moment Priors for Bayesian Model Choice with Applications to Directed Acyclic Graphs," Quaderni di Dipartimento 115, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Christine Peterson & Francesco C. Stingo & Marina Vannucci, 2015. "Bayesian Inference of Multiple Gaussian Graphical Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 110(509), pages 159-174, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jorssb:v:72:y:2010:i:2:p:143-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rssssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.