The Entrepreneurial Theory of the Firm and the Theory of the Entrepreneurial Firm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Richard N. Langlois, 2005. "The Entrepreneurial Theory of the Firm and the Theory of the Entrepreneurial Firm," Working papers 2005-27, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2005.
References listed on IDEAS
- Linda Allen & Christos Pantzalis, 1996. "Valuation of the operating Flexibility of Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(4), pages 633-653, December.
- Oded Shenkar & Mary Ann von Glinow, 1994. "Paradoxes of Organizational Theory and Research: Using the Case of China to Illustrate National Contingency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 56-71, January.
- Benjamin Gomes-Casseres, 1990. "Firm Ownership Preferences and Host Government Restrictions: An Integrated Approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Subramanian Rangan, 1998. "Do Multinationals Operate Flexibly? Theory and Evidence," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(2), pages 217-237, June.
- A Delios & W J Henisz, 2003. "Policy uncertainty and the sequence of entry by Japanese firms, 1980–1998," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(3), pages 227-241, May.
- Yilmaz Akyuz & Ha-Joon Chang & Richard Kozul-Wright, 1998. "New perspectives on East Asian development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 4-36.
- Horvath, Michael & Schivardi, Fabiano & Woywode, Michael, 2001. "On industry life-cycles: delay, entry, and shakeout in beer brewing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1023-1052, July.
- David W Loree & Stephen E Guisinger, 1995. "Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of U.S. Equity Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 281-299, June.
- Kent D Miller, 1992. "A Framework for Integrated Risk Management in International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(2), pages 311-331, June.
- Yadong Luo, 2002. "Capability Exploitation and Building in a Foreign Market: Implications for Multinational Enterprises," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 48-63, February.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-364, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:arp:bmerar:2017:p:218-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chassagnon, Virgile, 2014.
"Consummate cooperation in the network-firm: Theoretical insights and empirical findings,"
European Management Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 260-274.
- Virgile Chassagnon, 2014. "Consummate cooperation in the network-firm: Theoretical insights and empirical findings," Post-Print halshs-01372374, HAL.
- Virgile Chassagnon & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2016.
"The Determinants Of Organisational Creativity Methods: An Empirical Study Based On A French Survey,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(04), pages 1-23, May.
- Virgile Chassagnon & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2016. "The determinants of organisational creativity methods : an empirical study based on a french survey," Post-Print halshs-01320266, HAL.
- Jürgen Wandel, 2011. "Business groups and competition in post-Soviet transition economies: The case of Russian “agroholdings”," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 403-450, December.
- Marco Bellandi & Lisa De Propris, 2012. "Small Firms and Industrial Districts," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 27 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ehret, Michael, 2014. "Financial socialism: The role of financial economics in economic disorganization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2686-2692.
- Bartz, Wiebke & Winkler, Adalbert, 2016. "Flexible or fragile? The growth performance of small and young businesses during the global financial crisis — Evidence from Germany," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 196-215.
- Giovanni Favero & Vladi Finotto & Anna Moretti, 2016. "Historicizing Entrepreneurial Imprinting: Sensitive Periods, Cognitive Frames and Resistance," Working Papers 10, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Bettiol, M & Di Maria, E & Finotto, Vladi, 2012. "Marketing in smes: the role of entrepreneurial sensemaking," MPRA Paper 39405, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2013. "Knowledge governance: meaning, origins and implications," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lionel Désiage, 2010.
"What are Entrepreneurs’ Objectives When Starting a New Business?,"
TEPP Working Paper
- Lionel Desiage, 2010. "What are Entrepreneurs' Objectives When Starting a New Business?," Working Papers halshs-00809716, HAL.
- Richard Langlois, 2013. "The Institutional Revolution: A review essay," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 383-395, December.
- Maria Rosaria Marcone, 2009. "THE COMPETITIVE REPOSITIONING OF SMEs WITHIN THE PROCESS OF INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(2), pages 101-122.
- Truls Erikson & Nicolai S Løvdal & Arild Aspelund, 2015. "Entrepreneurial Judgment and Value Capture, the Case of the Nascent Offshore Renewable Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-14, November.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0744-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saskia Crucke & Mirjam Knockaert, 2016. "When Stakeholder Representation Leads to Faultlines. A Study of Board Service Performance in Social Enterprises," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 768-793, July.
- Mohammad Keyhani & Moren Lévesque & Anoop Madhok, 2015. "Toward a theory of entrepreneurial rents: A simulation of the market process," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 76-96, January.
- Klein, Peter G. & Mahoney, Joseph T. & McGahan, Anita M. & Pitelis, Christos N., 2009. "Toward a Theory of Public Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 09-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:2:y:2016:i:1:p:86-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foss, Nicolai J. & Klein, Peter G. & Kor, Yasemin Y. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Subjectivism, and the Resource-Based View: Towards a New Synthesis," Working Papers 06-0121, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein, 2013. "Entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial governance and economic organization," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Guo, Liang & Wei, Yinghong Susan & Sharma, Ruchi & Rong, Ke, 2017. "Investigating e-business models’ value retention for start-ups: The moderating role of venture capital investment intensity," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 33-45.
- Kraaijenbrink, Jeroen & Spender, JC & Groen, Aard, 2009. "The resource-based view: A review and assessment of its critiques," MPRA Paper 21442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladi Finotto & Anna Moretti, 2014. "Unveiling the founder effect: a conceptual framework of entrepreneurial imprinting," Working Papers 07, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Mats Forsgren, 2016. "A note on the revisited Uppsala internationalization process model – the implications of business networks and entrepreneurship," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(9), pages 1135-1144, December.
More about this item
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:44:y:2007:i:7:p:1107-1124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.