Falling Labor Share and Rising Unemployment: Long-Run Consequences of Institutional Shocks?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & JosÈ-Victor RÌos-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 2000.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality: A Macroeconomic Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1029-1054, September.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 1997. "Capital-skill complementarity and inequality: a macroeconomic analysis," Staff Report 239, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Caballero, Ricardo J. & Hammour, Mohamad L., 1998.
"Jobless growth: appropriability, factor substitution, and unemployment,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 51-94, June.
- Caballero, R.J. & Hammour, M.L., 1997. "Jobless Growth: Appropriability, Factor-Substitution, and Unemployment," Working papers 97-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1997. "Jobless Growth: Appropriability, Factor Substitution, and Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 6221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siebert, Horst, 1997. "Labor market rigidities and unemployment in Europe," Kiel Working Papers 787, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1998.
"The Macroeconomics of Specificity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 724-767, August.
- Caballero, R-J & Hammour, M-L, 1996. "The Macroeconomics of Specificity," Working papers 96-25, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1996. "The Macroeconomics of Specificity," NBER Working Papers 5757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bob Rowthorn, 1999. "Unemployment, Capital-Labor Substitution, and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 99/43, International Monetary Fund.
- Bewley, R. A., 1979. "The direct estimation of the equilibrium response in a linear dynamic model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 357-361.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1994. "Past and prospective causes of high unemployment," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jan, pages 49-98.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Richard Jackman, 1995. "Unemployment and Wage Inequality in OECD Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0235, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lehment, Harmen, 1999. "Zur Bestimmung des beschäftigungsneutralen Lohnerhöhungsspielraums," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2262, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Oliver J. Blanchard, 1997. "The Medium Run," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(2), pages 89-158.
- Breusch, Trevor S & Wickens, Michael R., 1987. "Dynamic Specification, the Long Run and the Estimation of Transformed Regression Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 154, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blanchard, Olivier, 1998.
"Revisiting European Unemployment : Unemployment, Capital Accumulation and Factor Prices,"
Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GLS28.
- Olivier Blanchard, 1998. "Revisiting European Unemployment: Unemployment, Capital Accumulation, and Factor Prices," NBER Working Papers 6566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1995. "The Collapse in Demand for the Unskilled and Unemployment across the OECD," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 40-62, Spring.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1995. "Macroeconomic implications of shifts in the relative demand for skills," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jan, pages 48-53.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew T. Young & Hernando Zuleta, 2016. "Golden Rules of Wages," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 253-270, July.
- Schmidt, Torsten & Vosen, Simeon, 2013.
"Demographic change and the labour share of income,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 357-378.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2012.
"The Normalized Ces Production Function: Theory And Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 769-799, December.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2011. "The normalized CES production function: theory and empirics," Working Paper Series 1294, European Central Bank.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2008. "Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 645-666, June.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:379-394 is not listed on IDEAS
- Norbert Berthold & Rainer Fehn, 2003. "Unemployment in Germany: Reasons and Remedies," CESifo Working Paper Series 871, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2004.
"Factor substitution and factor augmenting technical progress in the US: a normalized supply-side system approach,"
Working Paper Series
367, European Central Bank.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2004. "Factor Substitution and Factor Augmenting Technical Progress in the US: A Normalized Supply-Side System Approach," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_030, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Zuleta, Hernando, 2012. "Variable factor shares, measurement and growth accounting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 91-93.
- Janko Gorter, 2005. "Subjective Expectations and New Keynesian Phillips Curves in Europe," DNB Working Papers 049, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique, 2010. "Declining labor shares and bargaining power: An institutional explanation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 443-456, March.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan & Proto, Eugenio, 2017.
"Anonymity, efficiency wages and technological progress,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 379-394.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan & Proto, Eugenio, 2015. "Anonymity, Efficiency Wages and Technological Progress," IZA Discussion Papers 8791, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Broadberry & Sayantan Ghosal & Eugenio Proto, 2016. "Anonymity, Efficiency Wages and Technological Progress," CESifo Working Paper Series 5926, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:germec:v:3:y:2002:i:4:p:431-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.