The Complementarity Between Endogenous Protection And Direct Foreign Investment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Zhao, Laixun, 1995. "The Complementarity between Endogenous Protection and Direct Foreign Investment," ビジネス創造センターディスカッション・ペーパー (Discussion papers of the Center for Business Creation) 10252/4186, Otaru University of Commerce.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Nelson, 1996.
"The Political Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 133-196
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas R. Nelson, 1994. "The Political-Economy of U.S. Automobile Protection," NBER Working Papers 4746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mezzetti, Claudio & Dinopoulos, Elias, 1991. "Domestic unionization and import competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 79-100, August.
- Pemberton, James, 1988. "A 'Managerial' Model of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 755-771, September.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1988. "Unionized oligopoly and international trade policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 217-234, May.
- Kar-yiu Wong, 1989. "Optimal Threat Of Trade Restriction And Quid Pro Quo Foreign Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(3), pages 277-300, November.
- Brock, William A & Magee, Stephen P, 1978. "The Economics of Special Interest Politics: The Case of the Tariff," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 246-250, May.
- Elias Dinopoulos, 1989. "Quid Pro Quo Foreign Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 145-160, July.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994. "Foreign Investment with Endogenous Protection," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275594, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1994.
"What does the Political Economy Literature on Trade Policy (Not) Tell Us That We Ought to Know?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1039, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1994. "What Does the Political Economy Literature on Trade Policy (Not) Tell UsThat We Ought To Know?," NBER Working Papers 4870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- HOLMSTROM, Bengt, 1979. "Moral hazard and observability," CORE Discussion Papers RP 379, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Brecher, Richard A. & Dinopoulos, Elias & Srinivasan, T. N., 1987. "Quid pro quo foreign investment and welfare : A political-economy-theoretic model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 127-138, October.
- Smith, Alasdair, 1987. "Strategic investment, multinational corporations and trade policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 89-96.
- Zhao, Laixun, 1995. "Cross-hauling direct foreign investment and unionized oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 1237-1253, June.
- Gene Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1994. "Foreign Investment with Endogenous Protection," NBER Working Papers 4876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979. "Moral Hazard and Observability," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 74-91, Spring.
- Elias Dinopoulos, 1992. "Quid Pro Quo Foreign Investment And Vers: A Nash Bargaining Approach," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 43-60, March.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1985. "Protectionism: Old wine in new bottles," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-33.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koichi Kagitani, 2003. "Resistance to Trade Liberalization in Unionized Sector," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 419-435, October.
- Pi, Jiancai & Zhou, Yu, 2013. "Institutional quality and skilled–unskilled wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 356-363.
- Laixun Zhao & Makoto Okamura, 2010. "Competing to Outsource in the South," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 427-442, August.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Ohno, Yuka, 1998. "Endogenous protection, foreign direct investment and protection-building trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 205-227, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:8:y:1996:i:1:p:61-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.