Quid pro quo foreign investment and welfare : A political-economy-theoretic model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laixun Zhao, 1996.
"The Complementarity Between Endogenous Protection And Direct Foreign Investment,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 61-72, March.
- Zhao, Laixun, 1995. "The Complementarity between Endogenous Protection and Direct Foreign Investment," ビジネス創造センターディスカッション・ペーパー (Discussion papers of the Center for Business Creation) 10252/4186, Otaru University of Commerce.
- Michael P. Leidy, 1994. "TRADE POLICY AND INDIRECT RENT SEEKING: A SYNTHESIS OF RECENT WORK -super-†," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 97-118, July.
- Laixun Zhao & Makoto Okamura, 2010. "Competing to Outsource in the South," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 427-442, August.
- Gene Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1994. "Foreign Investment with Endogenous Protection," NBER Working Papers 4876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Katherine Wakelin, 2002. "Does antidumping stimulate FDI? Evidence from Japanese firms in the UK," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(3), pages 414-436, September.
- Emily Blanchard & Xenia Matschke, 2015.
"U.S. Multinationals and Preferential Market Access,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(4), pages 839-854, October.
- Emily Blanchard & Xenia Matschke, 2010. "U.S. Multinationals and Preferential Market Access," Research Papers in Economics 2010-08, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Matschke, Xenia & Blanchard, Emily, 2013. "U.S. Multinationals and Preferential Market Access," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79751, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Emily Blanchard & Xenia Matschke, 2012. "U.S. Multinationals and Preferential Market Access," CESifo Working Paper Series 3847, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Robert C. Feenstra, 1997.
"Protectionist Threats and Foreign Direct Investment,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies, pages 55-80
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Protectionist Threats And Foreign Direct Investment," Department of Economics 96-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Robert C. Feenstra, 1996. "Protectionist Threats and Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 5475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Feenstra & Bruce A. Blonigen & Harris Dellas, 2003. "Protectionist Threats and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 961, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Theodore To, 1999.
"Dynamics and Discriminatory Import Policy,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1057-1068, August.
- Ted To, 1996. "Dynamics and Discriminatory Import Policy," International Trade 9602001, EconWPA, revised 28 Nov 1998.
- To, Ted, 1998. "Dynamics and Discriminatory Import Policy," CSGR Working papers series 07/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Çaglar Özden & Francisco J. Parodi, 2004. "Customs Unions And Foreign Investment: Theory And Evidence From Mercosur’s Auto Industry," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 282, Central Bank of Chile.
- Takemori, Shumpei & Tsumagari, Masatoshi, 1997. "A political economy theory of foreign investment: An alternative approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 515-531, December.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Ohno, Yuka, 1998. "Endogenous protection, foreign direct investment and protection-building trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 205-227, December.
- Gordon H. HANSON, 2001. "Should Countries Promote Foreign Direct Investment?," G-24 Discussion Papers 9, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Konishi, Hideo & Saggi, Kamal & Weber, Shlomo, 1999. "Endogenous trade policy under foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 289-308, December.
- Jung Hur & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2004. "On the Role of Local Content Requirement in Defusing the Threat of Quid-Pro-Quo FDI," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 641, Econometric Society.
- Ding, John Y., 1995. "Toward A Framework For Analyzing Multimarket Contact And Multinational Competition," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(1), February.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Matthew T. Cole, 2011. "Optimal tariffs with FDI : the evidence," Working Papers 201121, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Blanchard, Emily J., 2010.
"Reevaluating the role of trade agreements: Does investment globalization make the WTO obsolete?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 63-72, September.
- Emily Blanchard, 2006. "Reevaluating the Role of Trade Agreements: Does Investment Globalization Make the WTO Obsolete?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1735, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zsolt Szabó, 2012. "The Impact of Capital Market Players’ Exit, Voice and Loyalty on Economic Growth," Public Finance Quarterly, State Audit Office of Hungary, vol. 57(4), pages 474-489.
- Reed, Michael R. & Marchant, Mary A., 1992. "The Global Competitiveness Of The U.S. Food-Processing Industry," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 21(1), April.
- Campa, JoseManuel, 1997. "Comments on: "A political theory of foreign investment: An alternative approach" by S. Takemori and M. Tsumagari (Japan and the World Economy 9 (1997) 515-531)," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 533-535, December.
- Belderbos, Rene & Vandenbussche, Hylke & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999. "Undertakings and Antidumping Jumping FDI in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 2320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Susanna Thede, 2005. "Trade policy formation when geography matters for specialisation," Working Papers 200519, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Andreas Polk, 2002. "Lobbying Activities of Multinational Firms," SOI - Working Papers 0205, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jun 2002.
- Deborah L. Swenson, 1997. "Explaining Domestic Content: Evidence from Japanese and U.S. Automobile Production in the United States," NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies, pages 33-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:27:y:1987:i:1-2:p:127-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.