The Race to the Bottom, from the Bottom
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chau, Nancy H. & Kanbur, Ravi, 2000. "The Race to the Bottom, From the Bottom," Working Papers 127681, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chau, Nancy H & Kanbur, Ravi, 2001. "The Race To the Bottom, From the Bottom," CEPR Discussion Papers 2687, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2000.
"International Trade and Core Labor Standards: A Survey of the Recent Literature,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0005, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2000. "International Trade and Core Labour Standards: A Survey of the Recent Literature," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 43, OECD Publishing.
- Basu, Arnab K. & Chau, Nancy H., 2001. "Market Access Rivalry and Eco-labeling Standards: Are Eco-labels Non-tariff Barriers in Disguise?," Working Papers 127662, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Goldin,Ian & Winters,L. Alan (ed.), 1995. "The Economics of Sustainable Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521469579.
- Brown, D.K. & Dearorff, A.V. & Stern, R.M., 1993. "International Labor Standards and Trade: A Theoretical Analysis," Working Papers 333, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Jim Rollo & L. Alan Winters, 2000. "Subsidiarity and Governance Challenges for the WTO: Environmental and Labour Standards," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(04), pages 561-576, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donado, Alejandro & Wälde, Klaus, 2010.
"How bad is globalization for labour standards in the north?,"
W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers
84, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Alejandro Donado & Klaus Wälde, 2010. "How Bad is Globalization for Labour Standards in the North?," FIW Working Paper series 059, FIW.
- Alejando Donado & Klaus Wälde, 2010. "How Bad is Globalization for Labour Standards in the North?," Working Papers 1011, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 19 Aug 2010.
- Alejandro DONADO & Klaus WALDE, 2010. "How Bad is Globalization for Labour Standards in the North?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010028, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Laixun Zhao, 2006. "International Labor Standards and Southern Competition," Discussion Paper Series 193, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:371237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Arnab K. & Chau, Nancy H. & Grote, Ulrike, 2004.
"On export rivalry and the greening of agriculture--the role of eco-labels,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 135-147, December.
- Basu, Arnab K. & Chau, Nancy H. & Grote, Ulrike, 2003. "On Export Rivalry And The Greening Of Agriculture - The Role Of Eco-Labels," Discussion Papers 18764, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Bernhard G. GUNTER & Rolph HOEVEN, 2004.
"The social dimension of globalization: A review of the literature,"
International Labour Review,
International Labour Organization, vol. 143(1-2), pages 7-43, March.
- Gunter, Bernhard G. & Hoeven, Rolph van der, 2004. "The social dimension of globalization : a review of the literature," ILO Working Papers 993712373402676, International Labour Organization.
- Laixun Zhao, 2009. "International Labour Standards and North–South Competition," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(7), pages 1091-1114, July.
- Sara Kahn-Nisser, 2017. "Channels of Influence: The EU and Delta Convergence of Core Labour Standards in the Eastern Neighbourhood," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 29(1), pages 127-143, January.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:469448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kimberly Ann Elliott, 2003. "Labor Standards and the Free Trade Area of the Americas," Working Paper Series WP03-7, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Hur, Jung & Zhao, Laixun, 2009. "Labor standards, labor-management bargaining and international rivalry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 259-272, August.
- Li, Yanan & Kanbur, Ravi & Lin, Carl, 2018. "Minimum Wage Competition between Local Governments in China," IZA Discussion Papers 11893, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Seliger Bernhard, 2001. "Die Krise der sozialen Sicherung und die Globalisierung – Politische Mythen und ordnungspolitische Wirklichkeit," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 52(1), pages 215-238, January.
- Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "The Impact of International Labor Standards: A Survey of Economic Theory," International Trade 0412007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehdi M. Chowdhury, 2009. "Migration, Remittances and Competition in International Labour Market," Discussion Papers 09/02, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Zhiqi Chen & Afshan Dar-Brodeur, 2014. "Trade and Labour Standards: Will There Be a Race to the Bottom?," Carleton Economic Papers 14-10, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Donado, Alejandro. & Wälde, Klaus., 2012. "Globalization, trade unions and labour standards in the North," ILO Working Papers 994694483402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:73:y:2006:i:290:p:193-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.