Defence And Non-Defence Spending In The Usa: Stimuli To Economic Growth? Comparative Findings From A Semiparametric Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-954, July.
- Sugata Ghosh & Andros Gregoriou, 2008. "The composition of government spending and growth: is current or capital spending better?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 484-516, July.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Aksoy, Yunus & Melina, Giovanni, 2012.
"An empirical investigation of US fiscal expenditures and macroeconomic outcomes,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 64-68.
- Yunus Aksoy & Giovanni Melina, 2011. "An Empirical Investigation of US Fiscal Expenditures and Macroeconomic Outcomes," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1105, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Andreas Irmen & Johanna Kuehnel, 2009.
"Productive Government Expenditure And Economic Growth,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 692-733, September.
- Andreas Irmen & Johanna Kuehnel, 2008. "Productive Government Expenditure and Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 2314, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andreas Irmen & Johanna Kühnel, 2008. "Productive Government Expenditure and Economic Growth," Working Papers 0464, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised May 2008.
- Kollias, Christos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2013. "Guns, highways and economic growth in the United States," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 449-455.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Heng-fu, Zou, 1996.
"The composition of public expenditure and economic growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 313-344, April.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Vinaya Swaroop & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "The composition of public expenditure and economic growth," CEMA Working Papers 77, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1992.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(4), pages 645-661.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sala-I-Martin, X. & Barro, R.J., 1991. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," Papers 640, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Q. & Wang, Suojin, 1998. "A simple consistent bootstrap test for a parametric regression function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 145-165, August.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
- Pieroni, Luca & d'Agostino, Giorgio & Lorusso, Marco, 2008.
"Can we declare military Keynesianism dead?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 675-691.
- Luca Pieroni & Giorgio D’Agostino & Marco Lorusso, 2008. "Can we declare military Keynesianism dead?," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 44/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Luca Pieroni & Giorgio d'Agostino & Marco Lorusso, 2008. "Can We Declare Military Keynesianism Dead?," Working Papers 0804, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Andros Gregoriou & Sugata Ghosh, 2009. "The Impact Of Government Expenditure On Growth: Empirical Evidence From A Heterogeneous Panel," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 95-102, January.
- Whang, Yoon-Jae & Andrews, Donald W. K., 1993.
"Tests of specification for parametric and semiparametric models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 277-318.
- Yoon-Jae Whang & Donald W.K. Andrews, 1991. "Tests of Specification for Parametric and Semiparametric Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 968, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- J. Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2005.
"Models Of Military Expenditure And Growth: A Critical Review,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 449-461.
- J Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2004. "Models of Military Expenditure and Growth: A Critical Review," Working Papers 0408, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Wu, Shih-Ying & Tang, Jenn-Hong & Lin, Eric S., 2010. "The impact of government expenditure on economic growth: How sensitive to the level of development?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 804-817, November.
- Aman Ullah & Tae-Hwy Lee, 2000. "Nonparametric Bootstrap Tests for Neglected Nonlinearity in Time Series Regression Models," Working papers 77, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- d'Agostino, G. & Dunne, J.P. & Pieroni, L., 2011. "Optimal military spending in the US: A time series analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1068-1077, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:buecrs:v:67:y:2015:i:4:p:359-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.