A Model of Economic Growth with Public Finance: Dynamics and Analytic Solution
This paper studies the equilibrium dynamics of a growth model with public finance where two different allocations of public resources are considered. The model simultaneously determines the optimal shares of consumption, capital accumulation, taxes and composition of the two different public expenditures which maximize a representative household s lifetime utilities in a centralized economy. The analysis supplies a closed form solution. Moreover, with one restriction on the parameters (?=?) we fully determine the solutions path for all variables of the model and determine the conditions for balanced growth.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.crenos.unica.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Bucci & Chiara Del Bo, 2012. "On the interaction between public and private capital in economic growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 133-152, June.
- Sugata Ghosh & Andros Gregoriou, 2008. "The composition of government spending and growth: is current or capital spending better?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 484-516, July.
- Been-Lon Chen, 2006. "Economic growth with an optimal public spending composition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 123-136, January.
- Zhang, Jin Shui, 2011. "The analytical solution of balanced growth of non-linear dynamic multi-sector economic model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 410-421, January.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George Economides & Hyun Park & Apostolis Philippopoulos, 2007.
"How should the government allocate its tax revenues between productivity-enhancing and utility-enhancing public goods?,"
2007_40, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Economides, George & Park, Hyun & Philippopoulos, Apostolis, 2011. "How Should The Government Allocate Its Tax Revenues Between Productivity-Enhancing And Utility-Enhancing Public Goods?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 336-364, June.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1997. "Fiscal Policy In A Growing Economy With Public Capital," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 615-639, September.
- Futagami, Koichi & Morita, Yuichi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1993. " Dynamic Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model with Public Capital," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 607-25, December.
- Nigar Hashimzade & Gareth D. Myles, 2009.
"Growth and Public Infrastructure,"
Economics & Management Discussion Papers
em-dp2009-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Lee, Jisoon, 1992. "Optimal size and composition of government spending," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 423-439, December.
- Kneller, Richard & Bleaney, Michael F. & Gemmell, Norman, 1999. "Fiscal policy and growth: evidence from OECD countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 171-190, November.
- Oliviero A. Carboni & Giuseppe Medda, 2011. "Size And Composition Of Public Spending In A Neoclassical Growth Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 150-170, 02.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2004.
"Do Institutions Cause Growth?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 271-303, 09.
- Zhang, Jin Shui, 2011. "The analytical solution of balanced growth of non-linear dynamic multi-sector economic model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 410-421.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Heng-fu, Zou, 1996.
"The composition of public expenditure and economic growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 313-344, April.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Vinaya Swaroop & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "The composition of public expenditure and economic growth," CEMA Working Papers 77, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Fisher, Walter H., 1995. "The composition of government expenditure and its consequences for macroeconomic performance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 747-786, May.
- Arrow, Kenneth J. & Kurz, Mordecai, 1969. "Optimal public investment policy and controllability with fixed private savings ratio," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 141-177, August.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Chilarescu, Constantin, 2008. "An analytical solutions for a model of endogenous growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1175-1182, November.
- Fisher, Walter H & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1998. "Public Investment, Congestion, and Private Capital Accumulation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 399-413, March.
- Smith William T, 2006. "A Closed Form Solution to the Ramsey Model," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Hiraguchi, Ryoji, 2009. "A note on the closed-form solution to the Lucas-Uzawa model with externality," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1757-1760, October.
- Sugata Ghosh & Udayan Roy, 2004. "Fiscal policy, long-run growth, and welfare in a stock-flow model of public goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 742-756, August.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1997. "Productive government expenditures and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 183-204, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:201229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.