One Store, Two Employment Systems: Core, Periphery and Flexibility in China's Retail Sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gadrey, Jean & Jany-Catrice, Florence & Ribault, Thierry, 2001. "Levels and Systems of Employment in the Japanese Retail Trade: A Comparison with France," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 165-184, March.
- Gerla Van Breugel & Woody Van Olffen & René Olie, 2005. "Temporary Liaisons: The Commitment of 'Temps' Towards Their Agencies," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 539-566, May.
- Stephen Ackroyd & Stephen Procter, 1998. "British Manufacturing Organization and Workplace Industrial Relations: Some Attributes of the New Flexible Firm," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(2), pages 163-183, June.
- Arne L. Kalleberg, 2001. "Organizing Flexibility: The Flexible Firm in a New Century," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 479-504, December.
- Guy Davidov, 2004. "Joint Employer Status in Triangular Employment Relationships," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 727-746, December.
- Janet Walsh, 2007. "Experiencing Part-Time Work: Temporal Tensions, Social Relations and the Work-Family Interface," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 155-177, March.
- Bill Taylor, 2002. "Privatization, Markets and Industrial Relations in China," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 249-272, June.
- Randy Hodson, 2005. "Management Behaviour as Social Capital: A Systematic Analysis of Organizational Ethnographies," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 41-65, March.
- Lei Guang, 2005. "Guerrilla Workfare: Migrant Renovators, State Power, and Informal Work in Urban China," Politics & Society, , vol. 33(3), pages 481-506, September.
- Gamble, Jos, 2006. "Introducing Western-style HRM practices to China: Shopfloor perceptions in a British multinational," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 328-343, December.
- T. J. Walsh, 1990. "Flexible Labour Utilisation in the Private Service Sector," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 4(4), pages 517-530, December.
- Jill Rubery, 2002. "Changing Organizational Forms and the Employment Relationship," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 645-672, July.
- John Francis Geary, 1992. "Employment Flexibility and Human Resource Management: The Case of Three American Electronics Plants," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 6(2), pages 251-270, June.
- Jos Gamble, 2006. "Multinational Retailers in China: Proliferating 'McJobs' or Developing Skills?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(7), pages 1463-1490, November.
- Catherine Hakim, 1990. "Core and Periphery in Employers' Workforce Strategies: Evidence from the 1987 E.L.U.S. Survey," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 4(2), pages 157-188, June.
- Laurie Hunter & Alan McGregor & John Maclnnes & Alan Sproull, 1993. "The ‘Flexible Firm’: Strategy and Segmentation," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 383-407, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:17:y:2017:i:1:p:1-29. is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruce E. Kaufman, 2013. "The economic organization of employment: systems in human resource management and industrial relations," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jos Gamble, 2010. "Transferring Organizational Practices and the Dynamics of Hybridization: Japanese Retail Multinationals in China," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 705-732, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:brjirl:v:47:y:2009:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.