New Contractual Relationships in the Agency Worker Market: The Case of the UK's National Health Service
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie Tailby, 2005. "Agency and bank nursing in the UK National Health Service," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 19(2), pages 369-389, June.
- Chris Forde & Gary Slater, 2005.
"Agency Working in Britain: Character, Consequences and Regulation,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 249-271, June.
- Chris Forde & Gary Slater, 2004. "Agency working in Britain: character, consequences and regulation," Working Papers 2004/4, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Laurie Hunter & Diane Sinclair, 1996. "A 'Partnership' Route To Human Resource Management?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 235-257, March.
- Simon Peel & Peter Boxall, 2005. "When is Contracting Preferable to Employment? An Exploration of Management "and" Worker Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(8), pages 1675-1697, December.
- Jamie Peck & Nikolas Theodore, 1998. "The Business of Contingent Work: Growth and Restructuring in Chicago's Temporary Employment Industry," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 12(4), pages 655-674, December.
- Guy Davidov, 2004. "Joint Employer Status in Triangular Employment Relationships," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 727-746, December.
- Gideon Kunda & Stephen R. Barley & James Evans, 2002. "Why Do Contractors Contract? The Experience of Highly Skilled Technical Professionals in a Contingent Labor Market," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(2), pages 234-261, January.
- Susan N. Houseman & Arne L. Kalleberg & George A. Erickcek, 2003.
"The Role of Temporary Agency Employment in Tight Labor Markets,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 105-127, October.
- Susan N. Houseman & Arne L. Kalleberg & George A. Erickcek, "undated". "The Role of Temporary Agency Employment in Tight Labor Markets," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles snhakge2003, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Forde, Chris, 2008. "“You know we are not an Employment Agency”: Manpower, Government, and the Development of the Temporary Help Industry in Britain," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 337-365, June.
- Marchington, Mick & Grimshaw, Damian & Rubery, Jill & Willmott, Hugh (ed.), 2004. "Fragmenting Work: Blurring Organizational Boundaries and Disordering Hierarchies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199262243.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Muhammad Waqar Hussain & Munir Hussain, 2014. "Factors influencing the employees’ job placement through recruitment agencies in Karachi, Pakistan," KASBIT Business Journals, Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 7(2), pages 79-106, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:brjirl:v:46:y:2008:i:3:p:389-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.