The Role of Temporary Agency Employment in Tight Labor Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Susan N. Houseman & Arne L. Kalleberg & George A. Erickcek, 2003. "The Role of Temporary Agency Employment in Tight Labor Markets," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 105-127, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward J. Schumacher, 2001. "The Earnings and Employment of Nurses in an Era of Cost Containment," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(1), pages 116-132, October.
- Kandel, Eugene & Pearson, Neil D., 2001. "Flexibility versus Commitment in Personnel Management," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 515-556, December.
- Garth Mangum & Donald Mayall & Kristin Nelson, 1985. "The Temporary Help Industry: A Response to the Dual Internal Labor Market," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(4), pages 599-611, July.
- Fred A. Bellemore, 1998. "Temporary Employment Decisions of Registered Nurses," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 265-279, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristini, Annalisa & Origo, Federica & Pinoli, Sara, 2017.
"The healthy fright of losing a good one for a bad one,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 129-144.
- Cristini, Annalisa & Origo, Federica & Pinoli, Sara, 2012. "The Healthy Fright of Losing a Good One for a Bad One," IZA Discussion Papers 6348, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- René Böheim & Martina Zweimüller, 2013. "The Employment of Temporary Agency Workers in the UK : For or Against the Trade Unions?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(317), pages 65-95, January.
- Schiersch, Alexander, 2016. "Considering the (Un)observed: temporary agency work in productivity estimations," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145749, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Chris Forde & Gary Slater, 2005.
"Agency Working in Britain: Character, Consequences and Regulation,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 249-271, June.
- Chris Forde & Gary Slater, 2004. "Agency working in Britain: character, consequences and regulation," Working Papers 2004/4, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2009.
"The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-Wage Worker Advancement,"
NBER Chapters,in: Studies of Labor Market Intermediation, pages 399-436
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2007. "The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-wage Worker Advancement," NBER Working Papers 13520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske & Carolyn J. Heinrich, 2007. "The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-wage Worker Advancement," Working Papers 0719, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Jahn, Elke Jutta & Rosholm, Michael, 2015. "The Cyclicality of the Stepping Stone Effect of Temporary Agency Employment," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113117, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alexander Schiersch, 2015. "TFP, Labor Productivity and the (Un)observed Labor Input: Temporary Agency Work," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1532, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2012. "A Price for Flexibility? The Temp Agency Wage Gap in Sweden 1998-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 6587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Christopher J. Surfield, 2005. "‘Atypical Work’ and Compensation," GEMF Working Papers 2005-14, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Busk, Henna & Jahn, Elke J. & Dauth, Christine, 2015.
"Do Changes in Regulation Affect Temporary Agency Workers' Job Satisfaction?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8803, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Henna Busk & Elke J. Jahn & Christine Singer, 2015. "Do Changes in Regulation Affect Temporary Agency Workers' Job Satisfaction?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 732, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Busk, Henna & Jahn, Elke J. & Singer, Christine, 2015. "Do changes in regulation affect temporary agency workers' job satisfaction?," IAB Discussion Paper 201508, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Peter H. Cappelli & JR Keller, 2013. "A Study of the Extent and Potential Causes of Alternative Employment Arrangements," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 66(4), pages 874-901, July.
- Jahn, Elke J. & Rosholm, Michael, 2018. "The Cyclicality of the Stepping-Stone Effect of Temporary Agency Employment," IZA Discussion Papers 11377, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Susan N. Houseman & Carolyn Heinrich, 2015. "Temporary Help Employment in Recession and Recovery," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 15-227, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Andrew Goodman-Bacon & Yukako Ono, 2007. "Who are temporary nurses?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 2-13.
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl, 2005. "Compensation of On-call and Fixed-term Employment: the Role of Uncertainty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-120/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kim Hoque & Ian Kirkpatrick & Alex De Ruyter & Chris Lonsdale, 2008. "New Contractual Relationships in the Agency Worker Market: The Case of the UK's National Health Service," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 46(3), pages 389-412, September.
More about this item
Keywordsworkers' compensation; disability; social security;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:weupjo:snhakge2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .