A Study Of The Relation Between Brand Loyalty And Consumer Involvement With Purchase Decision And Product Class
This paper aims to analyze the correlations between the components of brand loyalty – brand repurchase intention and brand recommend intention – and consumer purchase involvement, which is reflected by the degree to which consumers seek information about different brands and compare them during their purchase decision-making process. Being conducted in a comparative manner, the research considered the cases of two product classes – durables and nondurables – with an investigation of statistics on the population of urban Romanian consumers. The results show that the more involved the consumers are in the purchase decision for a durable good, the more loyal they are in terms of repurchase intention to a certain preferred brand in that product class. However, there is no similar relation in the case of nondurable goods. The study also shows that the consumers are more loyal, in terms of recommend intention the consumers willing to make in the future, to a certain preferred brand in both durable and nondurable goods when they are more involved in the purchase decision. However, the relation is found stronger in the case of nondurable goods.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str Horea nr. 7, Cluj-Napoca 400174|
Phone: 004 0264 599170
Fax: 004 0264 590110
Web page: http://www.tbs.ubbcluj.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in croatian hotel industry," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 6(1), pages 122-128, November.
- Slobodan Cerovic, 2006. "Management Of Tourist Companies On The Modern Tourist Market," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(19), pages 68-79, February.
- Mohammad SHAMSUDDOHA & Tayub CHOWDHURY, 2009. "Opportunities Of Developing Tourism Industry In Bangladesh," Revista de turism - studii si cercetari in turism / Journal of tourism - studies and research in tourism, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 8(8), pages 22-26, December.
- A. Jolibert & P. Jourdan, 2005. "Marketing Research," Post-Print halshs-00095262, HAL.
- Emilia Gabroveanu & Roxana Elena Stan & Nicoleta Radneantu, 2009. "Analysis of Main Economic Factors Influence on Romanian Tourists Number Accommodated in Romania, using Anova Method," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 5(05(534)), pages 63-68, May.
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in Croatian hotel industry," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2(36), pages 905-912, may.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbn:journl:2010_3_3_moisescu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cornelia Pop)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.