Challenges Of The Auditing Profession In The Context Of Economic Crisis
The crisis that influences the contemporary worldwide economy is the result of the manner in which the financial-economic system is built and of the manner in which the patrimonial situation and the performances of the economic entities are evaluated and presented. As a result of the public interest for the auditing profession, the financial auditor develops his/ her activity by respecting some regulations particularly elaborated for this profession (the code of ethics and the audit standards) in order for his/ her opinion to have a solid background and, most important, to be trustworthy. While the accounting conventions (national and international) are based on two concepts that support the entire accounting structure, the going concern activity and the accrual accountancy, structure which is built with the help of cash flow, the international audit standards (in accordance with which the audit activity is being developed) are built around two main concepts: professional judgement and professional skepticism. In the economic crisis context, the auditor’s professional judgement receives a fundamental importance in order to provide to the users of audited accounting information an acceptable level of trust. Also, the appreciation of the going concern activity is an element which receives different valences in the new context in comparison with previous periods of time. Therefore, in this paper, we propose to analyze the role of the professional judgement and professional skepticism in the development of audit activity within the current economic context. By its nature, the professional judgement is a concept that reflects the idea of subjectivity, but the opinion that the auditor expresses by using the professional judgement must be objective. Thus, an objective anchor must be found in order to transform the subjectivity of professional judgement into an objective audit opinion.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str Horea nr. 7, Cluj-Napoca 400174|
Phone: 004 0264 599170
Fax: 004 0264 590110
Web page: http://www.tbs.ubbcluj.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in Croatian hotel industry," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2(36), pages 905-912, may.
- Mohammad SHAMSUDDOHA & Tayub CHOWDHURY, 2009. "Opportunities Of Developing Tourism Industry In Bangladesh," Revista de turism - studii si cercetari in turism / Journal of tourism - studies and research in tourism, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 8(8), pages 22-26, December.
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in croatian hotel industry," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 6(1), pages 122-128, November.
- Emilia Gabroveanu & Roxana Elena Stan & Nicoleta Radneantu, 2009. "Analysis of Main Economic Factors Influence on Romanian Tourists Number Accommodated in Romania, using Anova Method," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 5(05(534)), pages 63-68, May.
- A. Jolibert & P. Jourdan, 2005. "Marketing Research," Post-Print halshs-00095262, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbn:journl:2010_3_6_grosanu. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cornelia Pop)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.