A Brief Assesment Of The Monetary Situation In Romania During The Financial Crises And Facing The Euro Adoption
What is the lesson this financial crises has taught us, from a monetary perspective? One of the basic causes for this crisis has been abundant liquidity. Another cause has been non-performant loans granted and extended by banks to an unreliable clientele known for not being able to return these debts. Finally, these credits have amplified exponentially without many restrictions all around the globe and have been commercialized at unprecedented volumes. These are, briefly, the causes of the actual financial crises. All these can also be located in the area of monetary economics. From this perspective, the analysis of the effects and efficiency of the monetary policy strategy and instruments is essential. This paper aims to briefly present the efficiency of the monetary policy conduct in Romania. The context of the financial crisis is not the only one affecting the monetary segment of the Romanian economy. Thus, analysis is performed from the perspective of the Euro adoption, of the monetary convergence process and achievements.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 15S (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. A.I. Cuza nr. 13, Craiova|
Phone: 004 0251 411317
Fax: 004 0251 411317
Web page: http://feaa.ucv.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lipinska, Anna, 2006.
"The Maastricht convergence criteria and optimal monetary policy for the EMU accession countries,"
1795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anna Lipinska, 2007. "The Maastricht Convergence Criteria and Optimal Monetary Policy for the EMU Accession Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0808, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Anna Lipinska, 2007. "The Maastricht convergence criteria and optimal monetary policy for the EMU accession countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19702, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Coenen, Günter & Mohr, Matthias & Straub, Roland, 2008. "Fiscal consolidation in the euro area: Long-run benefits and short-run costs," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 912-932, September.
- Mohr, Matthias & Straub, Roland & Coenen, Günter, 2008. "Fiscal consolidation in the euro area: long-run benefits and short-run costs," Working Paper Series 902, European Central Bank.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1995. "Inflation and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012. "Inflation and Economic Growth," CEMA Working Papers 568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Ferreira, Alex Luiz & Leon-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2007. "Does the real interest parity hypothesis hold? Evidence for developed and emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 364-382, April.
- FERREIRA Alex Luiz & LEON-LEDESMA Miguel A., "undated". "Does the Real Interest Parity Hypothesis Hold? Evidence for Developed and Emerging Markets," EcoMod2003 330700053, EcoMod.
- Alex Luiz Ferreira & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2003. "Does the Real Interest Parity Hypothesis Hold? Evidence for Developed and Emerging Markets," Studies in Economics 0301, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:19:y:2013:i:2:p:85-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Weyerstrass & Daniela Grozea-Helmenstein, 2013. "A Macroeconometric Model for Serbia," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 19(2), pages 85-106, May.
- Coenen, Günter & McAdam, Peter & Straub, Roland, 2008. "Tax reform and labour-market performance in the euro area: A simulation-based analysis using the New Area-Wide Model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 2543-2583, August.
- Coenen, Günter & McAdam, Peter & Straub, Roland, 2007. "Tax reform and labour-market performance in the euro area: a simulation-based analysis using the New Area-Wide Model," Working Paper Series 0747, European Central Bank.
- Lorenzo Bini Smaghi & Giovanni Ferri, 2006. "Revisiting the European Monetary System Experience: Were Some Members More Equal than Others?," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 35(2), pages 151-172, 07. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aio:rteyej:v:1:y:2010:i:15s:p:11-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ionascu Costel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.