Canada's Broiler Supply Management Program: A Shield From U.S. Price Volatility
Canadian broiler price responses to increases in US prices either have lessened in magnitude and duration or have been eliminated since Canada's broiler supply management program began in 1979. The authors used monthly vector autoregressions of US and Canadian broiler prices (farm and retail), estimated for periods before and after Canada introduced its broiler supply management program, to arrive at the results. The analysis also demonstrated that data-oriented, tune-series statistical methods are useful in policy analysis when focusing on a policy's dynamic aspects, contrary to the opinion of some researchers.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ers.usda.gov/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A. Bessler, 1984. "An Analysis of Dynamic Economic Relationships: An Application to the U.S. Hog Market," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, 03.
- Schrader, Lee F. & Bessler, David A. & Preston, Warren P., 1985. "Egg Prices Revisited," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- Van Tassell, Larry W. & Bessler, David A., 1988. "Dynamic Price Adjustments Between Commercial And Purebred Cattle Markets," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Bessler, David A., 1989. "Farmgate, Processor, and Consumer Price Transmissions in the Wheat Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 3.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Bessler, David A. & Schluter, Gerald E., 2. "Poultry-Related Price Transmissions and Structural Change Since the 1950's," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersja:138229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.