Expected Utility Analysis of Stocker Cattle Ownership Versus Contract Grazing in the Southeast
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McBride, William D. & Key, Nigel D., 2003. "Economic And Structural Relationships In U.S. Hog Production," Agricultural Economics Reports 33971, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Wes Harrison, R. & Bobst, Barry W. & Benson, Fred J. & Meyer, Lee, 1996. "Analysis of the Risk Management Properties of Grazing Contracts Versus Futures and Option Contracts," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 247-262, December.
- Thomas L. Sporleder, 1992.
"Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1226-1231.
- Sporleder, Thomas L., 1992. "Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms," Occasional Papers 233087, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
- Teegerstrom, Trent & D'Souza, Gerard E. & Osborne, Phillip & Jones, Kezelee Q., 1997. "To Contract Or Not To Contract? A Decision Theory And Portfolio Analysis Of Cattle Contract Grazing," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), October.
- May, Gary & Jones, Rodney D. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C., 2002. "Influence of Grazing Lease Terms on Economic Optimal Stocking Rates," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10078, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Anderson, John D. & Coble, Keith H. & Miller, J. Corey, 2003. "Using Private Risk Management Instruments To Manage Counter-Cyclical Payment Risks Under The New Farm Bill," 2003 Conference, April 21-22, 2003, St. Louis, Missouri 18975, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Johnson, Frank & Spreen, Thomas H. & Hewitt, Timothy, 1987.
"A Stochastic Dominance Analysis of Contract Grazing Feeder Cattle,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 11-19, December.
- Johnson, Frank & Spreen, Thomas H. & Hewitt, Timothy D., 1987. "A Stochastic Dominance Analysis Of Contract Grazing Feeder Cattle," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Harrison, R. Wes & Bobst, Barry W. & Benson, Fred J. & Meyer, Lee, 1996. "Analysis Of The Risk Management Properties Of Grazing Contracts Versus Futures And Option Contracts," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rama, Eric R. & Lacy, Curt, 2014. "An Economic Analysis of Three Stockering Systems in the Southeastern United States," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162476, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ruff, Shane P. & Peck, Dannele E. & Bastian, Christopher T. & Cook, Walter E., 2016. "Economics of Transitioning from a Cow-Calf-Yearling Operation to a Stocker Operation," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
More about this item
Keywordscontracts; expected utility; grazing; stocker calves; Q0; L1;
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:43471. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.