Risk And Market Participant Behavior In The U.S. Slaughter-Cattle Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott W. Fausti & Dillon M. Feuz, 1995. "Production Uncertainty and Factor Price Disparity in the Slaughter Cattle Market: Theory and Evidence," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 533-540.
- Elam, Emmett W., 1992. "Cash Forward Contracting Versus Hedging Of Fed Cattle, And The Impact Of Cash Contracting On Cash Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Feuz, Dillon M. & Wagner, John J., 1998. "Value Based Marketing For Fed Cattle: A Discussion Of The Issues," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(01).
- Hogan, Robert J., Jr. & Carlberg, Jared G. & Ward, Clement E. & Peel, Derrell S., 2012. "Factors Affecting Quality Grade Discounts for Fed Cattle," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119814, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Supply Effects on Price Discovery and Pricing Choice for Fed Cattle," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19034, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- repec:fan:ecaqec:v:html10.3280/ecag2017-001005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ardian Harri & John Michael Riley & John D. Anderson & Keith H. Coble, 2009. "Managing economic risk in value-based marketing of fed cattle," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 295-306, May.
- Scott W. Fausti & Zhiguang Wang & Bashir A. Qasmi & Matthew A. Diersen, 2014.
"Risk and marketing behavior: pricing fed cattle on a grid,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 601-612, September.
- Scott Fausti & Zhiguang (Gerald) Wang & Bashir Qasmi & Matt Diersen, 2012. "Risk and Marketing Behavior: Pricing Fed Cattle on a Grid," Staff Papers 12001, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Unterschultz, James R., 2000. "New Instruments For Co-Ordination And Risk Sharing Within The Canadian Beef Industry," Project Report Series 24046, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Feuz, Dillon M., 1997. "Live, In-the-Beef, or Formula: Is There a "Best" Method for Selling Fed Cattle?," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35795, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Wang, Gerald & Diersen, Matthew A. & Qasmi, Bashir A., 2012. "Pricing Fed Cattle on a Grid: An Analysis of the Incentive Mechanism over Time," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119670, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Qasmi, Bashir A., 2002. "Does The Producer Have An Incentive To Sell Fed Cattle On A Grid?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(01).
- Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Factors Influencing the Extent of Grid Pricing of Fed Cattle," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19035, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Feuz, Dillon M., 1999. "Market Signals In Value Based Pricing Premiums And Discounts," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35739, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ward, Clement E. & Carlberg, Jared G. & Brocklebank, Andrea, 2007. "Comparing Canadian and U.S. Cattle Feeding Pricing Practices and Perceptions of Pricing Issues," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 08.
- Reagan, Tyler J. & Anderson, David P. & Ishdorj, Ariun, 2016. "An Economic Analysis of the Price Discount for Over Thirty Months of Age Cattle," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229754, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Steiner, Bodo E., 2007. "Formal beef alliances and alignment challenges: issues in contracting, pricing and quality," Project Report Series 7709, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- McDonald, R. Allen & Schroeder, Ted C., 2000. "Determinants Of Profit Variability In Fed Cattle Grid Pricing," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36514, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.