A Derivative Security Approach To Setting Crop Revenue Coverage Insurance Premiums
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Calum G. Turvey & Vincent Amanor-Boadu, 1989. "Evaluating Premiums for a Farm Income Insurance Policy," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 37(2), pages 233-247, July.
- Jeffrey R. Stokes & William I. Nayda & Burton C. English, 1997. "The Pricing of Revenue Assurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 439-451.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phelippe-Guinvarc'h, Martial V. & Cordier, Jean E., 2006. "A private management strategy for the crop yield insurer: A theoretical approach and tests," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 35-46, August.
- Calum G. Turvey & Shihong Yin, 2002.
"On the Pricing of Cross Currency Futures Options for Canadian Grains and Livestock,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 50(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Yin, Shihong, 2002. "On The Pricing Of Cross Currency Futures Options For Canadian Grains And Livestock," Working Papers 34123, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Gregory Colson & Octavio A. Ramirez & Shengfei Fu, 2014.
"Crop Insurance Savings Accounts: A Viable Alternative to Crop Insurance?,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 527-545.
- Colson, Gregory & Fu, Shengfei & Ramirez, Octavio A., 2012. "Crop Insurance Savings Accounts," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124739, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Calum G. Turvey, 2010. "Biography: Kiyosi Itô and his influence on the study of agricultural finance and economics," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 5-20, May.
- Nganje, William E. & Tiapo, Napoleon M. & Wilson, William W., 2001. "Crop Insurance Under Quality Uncertainty," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36097, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "How strong is the “natural hedge”? The effects of crop acreage and aggregation levels," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122538, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R., 2003. "Infrequent Shocks and Rating Revenue Insurance: A Contingent Claims Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), August.
- Hennessy, David A. & Saak, Alexander E. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Fair Value Of Whole-Farm And Crop-Specific Revenue Insurance," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21988, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lu, Yue & Ramirez, Octavio A. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Knight, Thomas O. & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2008.
"Empirically Evaluating the Flexibility of the Johnson Family of Distributions: A Crop Insurance Application,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Lu, Yue & Ramirez, Octavio A. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Knight, Thomas O. & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2008. "Empirically Evaluating the Flexibility of the Johnson Family of Distributions: A Crop Insurance Application," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 79-91, April.
- Ramirez, Octavio & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2016. "Some Comparative Statics for Evaluating the Performance of the US Crop Insurance Program," SCC-76 Meeting, March 17-19, 2016, Pensacola, Florida 233761, SCC-76: Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2017. "A Probabilistic Model of Crop Insurance Purchase Decision," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(1), January.
- Sherrick, Bruce J., 2001. "The Accuracy Of Producer Expectations: Evidence And Implications For Insurance Valuation," Proceedings: 2001 Regional Committee NC-221, October 1-2, 2001, McLean, Virginia 132390, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Hao, Jianqiang & Bathke, Arne & Skees, Jerry R., 2005. "Modeling the Tail Distribution and Ratemaking: An Application of Extreme Value Theory," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19190, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:99-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sherrick, Bruce J., 2002. "The Accuracy Of Producers' Probability Beliefs: Evidence And Implications For Insurance Valuation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30839. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.