Impacts of Changes in Market Fundamentals and Price Momentum on Hedging Live Cattle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shi‐Miin Liu & B. Wade Brorsen & Charles M. Oellermann & Apul L. Farris, 1994. "Forecasting the nearby basis of live cattle," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 259-273, May.
- Holbrook Working, 1948. "Theory of the Inverse Carrying Charge in Futures Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-28.
- Mindy L. Mallory & Wenjiao Zhao & Scott H. Irwin, 2015. "The Cost of Post‐Harvest Forward Contracting in Corn and Soybeans," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 47-62, January.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip Garcia & Raymond M. Leuthold & Mohamed E. Sarhan, 1984. "Basis Risk: Measurement and Analysis of Basis Fluctuations for Selected Livestock Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(4), pages 499-504.
- Hatchett, Robert B. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B., 2010.
"Optimal Length of Moving Average to Forecast Futures Basis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 1-16.
- Hatchett, Robert B. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B., 2009. "Optimal Length of Moving Average to Forecast Futures Basis," 2009 Conference, April 20-21, 2009, St. Louis, Missouri 53048, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Philip Garcia, 2004. "A selected review of agricultural commodity futures and options markets," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 235-272, September.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Mintert, James R., 2004. "Improving Cattle Basis Forecasting," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 1-14, August.
- Naik, Gopal & Leuthold, Raymond M., 1988. "Cash And Futures Price Relationships For Nonstorable Commodities: An Empirical Analysis Using A General Theory," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(2), pages 1-12, December.
- Chaves, Denis B. & Viswanathan, Vivek, 2016. "Momentum and mean-reversion in commodity spot and futures markets," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-53.
- Philip Garcia & Dwight R. Sanders, 1996. "Ex ante basis risk in the live hog futures contract: Has hedgers' risk increased?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 421-440, June.
- James E. Newsome & George H. K. Wang & M. E. Boyd & Marty J. Fuller, 2004. "Contract modifications and the basis behavior of live cattle futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 557-590, June.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1998. "A model of investor sentiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 307-343, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Tonsor, Glynn T. & Coffey, Brian K., 2019. "Commodity futures with thinly traded cash markets: The case of live cattle," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 1-1.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:267607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.