Implications of Trade Liberalization and Domestic Reforms on EU Agricultural Markets
The objective of this paper is to explore the overall effects of further trade liberalization and the implemented CAP reforms on EU agricultural production, imports and exports within different EU regions by using the Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) model. The GTAP model is used to compare a lower tariff reduction formula (EU Proposal) with a higher reduction formula (US Proposal) in order to show how sensitive the examined agricultural commodity/sector is to the different tariff reduction formulae. This analysis reveals that EU imports would escalate and EU exports would plummet with declining EU production because of trade liberalization and domestic policy reforms in the EU agricultural markets and sectors.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 1 (202) 429-1610
Web page: http://www.ifama.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Beghin, John C. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fuller, Frank H. & Hart, Chad E. & Matthey, Holger & Tokgoz, Simla & Yu, Tun-Hsiang & Wailes, Eric J., 2006.
"U.S. Proposal for WTO Agriculture Negotiations: Its Impact on U.S. And World Agriculture,"
Staff General Research Papers
12488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- FAPRI Staff, 2005. "U.S. Proposal for WTO Agriculture Negotiations: Its Impact on U.S. and World Agriculture," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 05-wp417, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- FAPRI Staff, 2005. "U.S. Proposal for WTO Agriculture Negotiations: Its Impact on U.S. and World Agriculture," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 05-wp417, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Diao, Xinshen & Somwaru, Agapi & Roe, Terry L., 2001. "A Global Analysis Of Agricultural Trade Reform In Wto Member Countries," Bulletins 12984, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Antoine Bou�t & Simon Mevel & David Orden, 2007. "More or Less Ambition in the Doha Round: Winners and Losers from Trade Liberalisation with a Development Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(8), pages 1253-1280, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:92554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.