Bestimmungsfaktoren fÃ¼r das Erwerbsverhalten von Landwirten unter besonderer BerÃ¼cksichtigung der Unternehmereigenschaften
This paper presents a Probit model explaining the expansion of part-time farming in the German State of Hesse. Particular emphasis is placed on the personality traits of the agricultural entrepreneur and the labour market. The regression is based on a cross-section data from 74 Hessian farms. The results suggest statistical significance of the personality traits on employment decisions. Other significant variables include the number of adult household members and the intensity of agricultural land use.
Volume (Year): 56 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Philippstr. 13, 10115 Berlin|
Phone: +49 (0)30 2093 6305
Fax: +49 (0)30 2093 6497
Web page: http://www.gjae-online.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ashok K. Mishra & Barry K. Goodwin, 1997. "Farm Income Variability and the Supply of Off-Farm Labor," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 880-887.
- Wayne H. Howard & George L. Brinkman & Remy Lambert, 1997. "Thinking Styles and Financial Characteristics of Selected Canadian Farm Managers," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 45(1), pages 39-49, 03.
- J. G. Tokle & Wallace E. Huffman, 1991.
"Local Economic Conditions and Wage Labor Decisions of Farm and Rural Nonfarm Couples,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 652-670.
- Tokle, J. G. & Huffman, Wallace, 1991. "Local Economic Conditions and Wage Labor Decisions of Farm and Rural Nonfarm Couples," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10988, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Weiss, Christoph R, 1997. "Do They Come Back Again? The Symmetry and Reversibility of Off-Farm Employment," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 65-84.
- Larson, Donald & Mundlak, Yair, 1997. "On the Intersectoral Migration of Agricultural Labor," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 295-319, January.
- Larson, Donald & Mundlak, Yair, 1995. "On the intersectoral migration of agricultural labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1425, The World Bank.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:677080 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gjagec:96738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.