The impact of wage differentials on choosing to work in agriculture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeffrey M. Perloff, 1991. "The Impact of Wage Differentials on Choosing to Work in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 671-680.
- Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1990. "The impact of wage differentials on choosing to work in agriculture," CUDARE Working Papers 47251, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willis, Robert J & Rosen, Sherwin, 1979. "Education and Self-Selection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 7-36, October.
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1982. "Self-Selection and Interprovincial Migration in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 474-502, August.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Rosenberg, Howard R. & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1988. "Initial Effects Of The New Immigration Law On California Agriculture," 1988 Annual Meeting, August 1-3, Knoxville, Tennessee 270293, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-433, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Kate Rubin & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 1993.
"Who Works for Piece Rates and Why,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(4), pages 1036-1043.
- Rubin, D. Kate & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1992. "Who works for piece rates and why," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt3xs4x5cd, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Rubin, D. Kate & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1992. "Who works for piece rates and why," CUDARE Working Papers 47253, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hennessy, Thia C., 2002. "Modeling Succession on Irish Dairy Farms," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24953, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roger Claassen & Richard Horan, 2001. "Uniform and Non-Uniform Second-Best Input Taxes," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Maoyong Fan & Susan Gabbard & Anita Alves Pena & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 2015.
"Why Do Fewer Agricultural Workers Migrate Now?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 665-679.
- Fan, Maoyong & Gabbard, Susan & Pena, Anita Alves & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 2014. "Why Do Fewer Agricultural Workers Migrate Now?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8nb89219, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- repec:ags:gewipr:259698 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:gjagec:96734 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harsche, Johannes, 2007. "DIE BEDEUTUNG DER LANDWIRTSCHAFT AUF DEM ARBEITSMARKT IM KONTEXT WIRTSCHAFTSRAUMLICHER DISPARITATEN-ERGEBNISSE EINER PANEL-ANALYSE (German)," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7593, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Takahashi, Taro & Maruya, Kaori & Nakajima, Toru, 2016. "Non-farmers’ willingness to farm: a large-scale choice experiment to identify policy options that can induce new entry to the agricultural industry," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236368, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Bryant, Amy & Richards, Timothy J., 1998. "Hysteresis And The Shortage Of Agricultural Labor," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20858, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural labor; agricultural wages; benefit-cost analysis; irca; labor supply;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:agrebk:qt68j399k8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dabrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.