Public and private high schools: Is school choice an answer to the productivity problem?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Lankford, Hamilton & Wyckoff, James, 1992. "Primary and secondary school choice among public and religious alternatives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 317-337, December.
- Witte, John F., 1992. "Private school versus public school achievement: Are there findings that should affect the educational choice debate?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 371-394, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Idson, Todd L & Feaster, Daniel J, 1990. "A Selectivity Model of Employer-Size Wage Differentials," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 99-122, January.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-433, June.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- M J Mancebón & M A Muñiz, 2008. "Private versus public high schools in Spain: disentangling managerial and programme efficiencies," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 59(7), pages 892-901, July.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & FranÃ§ois Rycx, 2007.
"The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 427-451, December.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," DULBEA Working Papers 05-07.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2007. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8735, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lallemand, Thierry & Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois, 2005. "The Establishment-Size Wage Premium: Evidence from European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1569, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Dino Alves & Ana Balcao Reis & Carmo Seabra & Luis Catela-Nunes, 2015. "Determinants of Academic Success in Economics and Management," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10, in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 17, pages 335-356, Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Boozer, Michael & Rouse, Cecilia, 2001. "Intraschool Variation in Class Size: Patterns and Implications," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 163-189, July.
- Shawna Grosskopf & Kathy J. Hayes & Lori L. Taylor & William Weber, 1995. "On competition and school efficiency," Working Papers 9506, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2007.
"Nonprofit/for-profit status and earning differentials in the Japanese at-home elderly care industry: Evidence from micro-level data on home helpers and staff nurses,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 106-120, March.
- Haruko Noguchi & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2005. "Nonprofit/For-Profit Status and Earning Differentials in the Japanese At-home Elderly Care Industry: Evidence from Micro-level Data on Home Helpers and Staff Nurses," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-76, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mancebón-Torrubia, María Jesús & Ximénez-de-Embún, Domingo Pérez, 2009. "Spanish publicly-subsidised private schools and equality of school choice," MPRA Paper 21164, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Polcyn, Jan, 2017. "Edukacja jako dobro publiczne - próba kwantyfikacji [Education as a public good – an attempt at quantification]," MPRA Paper 76606, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Thomas A. Downes & Jeffrey E. Zabel, 1997. "The Impact of School Quality on House Prices: Chicago 1987-1991," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9704, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Mensah, Yaw M. & Schoderbek, Michael P. & Sahay, Savita P., 2013. "The effect of administrative pay and local property taxes on student achievement scores: Evidence from New Jersey public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-16.
- Gerard Lassibille & Jee-Peng Tan, 2001. "Are Private Schools More Efficient Than Public Schools? Evidence from Tanzania," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 145-172.
- Konstantopoulos, Spyros & Sun, Min, 2011. "Is the Persistence of Teacher Effects in Early Grades Larger for Lower-Performing Students?," IZA Discussion Papers 5974, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- McCausland, David & Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2005.
"Some are Punished and Some are Rewarded: A Study of the Impact of Performance Pay on Job Satisfaction,"
14243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W.D. McCausland & K. Pouliakas & I. Theodossiou, 2005. "Some are Punished and Some are Rewarded: A Study of the Impact of Performance Pay on Job Satisfaction," Labor and Demography 0505019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barrow, Lisa & Rouse, Cecilia Elena, 2004.
"Using market valuation to assess public school spending,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1747-1769, August.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2002. "Using Market Valuation to Assess Public School Spending," NBER Working Papers 9054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tran, Minh Chau & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding, 2014. "Credit Constraints and Impact on Farm Household Welfare: Evidence from Vietnam’s North Central Coast region," 2014 Conference, August 28-29, 2014, Nelson, New Zealand 187495, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Corak, Miles & Lauzon, Darren, 2009.
"Differences in the distribution of high school achievement: The role of class-size and time-in-term,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 189-198, April.
- Lauzon, Darren & Corak, Miles, 2005. "Differences in the Distribution of High School Achievement: The Role of Class Size and Time-in-term," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005270e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Corak, Miles & Lauzon, Darren, 2010. "Differences in the Distribution of High School Achievement: The Role of Class Size and Time-in-Term," IZA Discussion Papers 4824, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yuen Leng Chow & Isa E. Hafalir & Abdullah Yavas, 2015.
"Auction versus Negotiated Sale: Evidence from Real Estate Sales,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(2), pages 432-470, June.
- YuenLeng Chow & Isa Hafalir & Abdullah Yavas, "undated". "Auctions versus Negotiated Sale: Evidence from Real Estate Sales," GSIA Working Papers 2012-E22, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3573-3630 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edoardo Di Porto & Vincent Merlin & Sonia Paty, 2013.
"Cooperation among local governments to deliver public services : a "structural" bivariate response model with fixed effects and endogenous covariate,"
- Edoardo Di Porto & Vincent Merlin & Sonia Paty, 2013. "Cooperation among local governments to deliver public services: a "structural" bivariate response model with fixed effects and endogenous covariate," Post-Print halshs-00861226, HAL.
- Edoardo di Porto & Vincent Merlin & Sonia Paty, 2013. "Cooperation among local governments to deliver public services : a “structural” bivariate response model with fixed effects and endogenous covariate," Working Papers 1304, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & SUZUKI Wataru & NOGUCHI Haruko, 2003. "Nonprofit Wage Premiums in Japan's Child Care Market:Evidence from Employer-Employee Matched Data," ESRI Discussion paper series 034, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:15:y:1996:i:2:p:93-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.